S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
V8 Member
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know for sure if it is a actually plug and go type of thing. i know im not going to sell te truck so im not really worried about the miles being a little off. just wanna know if it kinda like a plug and play type of deal....thanks

·
SOLD
7,551 Posts
what exactly are you trying to do, swap a cluster with a tach in? i tried this with my 95. you need to rememvber that 94's had a different cluster so its really 95-97. i did try a cluster swap, one that had a tach in it, for my truck. didnt work. called a gm dealer, a junk yard that specializes in s10's and a buddy of mine who works at a chevy dealer. i got pretty much the same answer from all of them. there are like 10 different codes for each type cluster, therefore 10 different clusters for each type vehicle. 10 for a 2.2 manual with a tach, 10 for a 2.2 manual without a tach, 10 for a 4.3, 10 for a 4.3 manual, ect. i met several people through this website and ebay and the junkyard to try and get a cluster with a tach for my 2.2 (2.2s are hard to hook up tachs, they need a special sensor signal sendor for them to work) anyways, no luck. my advice to you is to either 1. dont worry about it, or 2. if you can test it before you buy it, as did I, you might get luck and find one that works. good luck.

·
V8 Member
2,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well this blows, yeah i have the 4.3 94 s-10 pickup with the 5spd. with out the tach and wanna swap a cluster in with a tach. damn was hoping it was plug and play ohhh well:stickpoke

1 - 5 of 5 Posts