S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy at school got a 99 Camaro V6 3.4L Automatic and he is talkin all this **** about how his Camaro will eat my Blazer alive, and I told him to put his money where his mouth is...and tomorrow he wants to dance for $100 and I was like hell yeah, I finally get to buy the headers for my 85 V8 350 S10 Blazer, well...I just want ya'lls opinion on who you think would win, another guy has a 00 Camaro V6 and I kick his ass all the time even with my A/C on!!!! So who do you all think would win...a 99 V6 Camaro vs. a 94 CPI Vortec Blazer four door???
THANKS, AARON.... :beer:

1994 4.3L CPI Vortec H.O. 4-Door Blazer, K&N Air Filter, gutted air box, 40 Series Flowaster Muffler with a cut off, 3in pipe, 3.08 gears, 4L60-E Transmission, Polyurethane tranny mount, and in need of a tune up....bad!!!! 15.8 @ 90MPH 1/4 mile time:beer:

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Same horsepower and less weight.. I gotta go with the Camaro bro..sorry but he has the same horsepower, probably same gears if not steeper and he weighs less. may be close though. give em a run.

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
well if its a 99 it will have a 3.8 v6 not a 3.4

3.8 v6 = 200 hp & 225 ft lbs and the car will weigh about 3300 lbs and if its a 5spd car it will have a 3.23 rear if its a auto it will have 3.08s so this will be a close race IMO

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Weren't 3.45's available in the V-6? Could be wrong.....

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
02REDXBLAZE said:
Weren't 3.45's available in the V-6? Could be wrong.....
i though the v6 cars could get higher gearing to but according to GM only the z28 and SS could get 3.42s

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Best of Three

So the ******* grew balls this morning....He pulled up next to me revin his six banger with its whisteling whine and pull of the belts.....and I rev back....I smoke them a lil to get some more traction cause the road really sucks....So I stall to about 1500 and wait for green, and i'm lookin at this guy and he is so focused on the race he is sweating and not even lookin around......GREEN!!! WE are off and my Blazer hooks really nice, and here comes second at 45 and I look In my rear view and he is at least 2 cars back......and I stop at the next light and there is one car in front of me...and he is all alone in the left lane....so I wait and he guns it and I pass the car in front of me get into the left lane and haul ass by him in the center lane and smoked him agian....the last time...we line up and he burns tire.....and he turns right to get on the freeway...so im game and he punches it and i punch it and my truck fishtails and we get up on the free way and my 3.08's are bad ass for top end so once again I took him...!!!! SO needless to say he will be coming back for more....I also raced a 98 S10 and he has 18's on it...He was in front of me and he punches it....so im trailing by like on his door and he never wants to go from a stop and im gettin pissed so i tell him....meet at that light and stop if the light is green purple or whatever we are going from a stop....SO I burn my tires agian....and so does he....and I stall and he stalls and we go and I hook nicely once again and so does he and we are both off neck and neck and bamn i slip into second and i am on his door....so half way throught second my trucks HP performs and I pass him and he is on my bumper...I stopped and asked him what he had and he told me he had just put in 3.73 gears....and he is hittin a 15.85 on the 1/4 and i told him i am hittin a 15.86 and he told me no way...but now my blazer is going away and I am gonna use my 85 S10 Blazer with a 350 for daily use.....

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Nice. :thumbup:

I'm glad you didn't get beat by a b!tch car.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I used to date a girl that had a '96 firebird v6 auto 3.08 gears. It wasn't crap. I could leave that car off the line & when we would play around on the highway from about a 65mph start my truck would always slowly pull away. These CPI motors are alot more powerful than what people think.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts