S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya, new guy here and I was wondering if anyone has some good links for equipment for a 94 (93.5) S-10 Blazer, last of it's series :)

It seems good parts for this year are hard to come by, air filters, engine mods, and especially interior & exterior accessories :(.

Are the '94's completely identical to the 93's? I can *sometimes* find stuff for up to the '93 models...

·
Registered
618 Posts
The 94 blazers are the same as the 93s. They just didn't change body styles like the pickups did in 94. As for engine mods you are SOL they dont make anything. All I did was an exhaust and ripped out the filter box and just put a K&N onto the intake tube. You could probably take a heat gun to the tube and soften up the indents in it and push them out some to open up the tube a little. You can do a cam and a chip all though I heard the chips dont do much of anything. They only made that style of intake I think 2 years then it swapped over to tbi thats why no one makes anything for it. I think pretty much anything else beyond that you would have to do custom fab work.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Most anything...

that is listed as fitting '82-93 S-10/15 pickups fits the '94 Blazer, Jimmy, Bravada. Like Batcave said they changed body style a year later in '95 instead of '94 like the pickups. You didn't specify which engine you have. Is it the TBI "Z" VIN series or CPI "W" VIN series. The name Vortec doesn't mean anything when talking about the 4.3. Check the 8th digit in you VIN if you don't know which you have. There are plenty of upgrades for either engine. Just depends on how much money you spend.

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
IntheBatCave said:
. They only made that style of intake I think 2 years then it swapped over to tbi thats why no one makes anything for it.
TBI came before CPI

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yes the TBI was after the Carb and before and with the CPI.

The '92-95 CPI type was an intermediate design upgrade from the TBI before the introduction of the further improved injection type know as SFI or CSFI (Central Sequential Fuel Injection). The CPI has one injector/regulator unit that feeds all six cylinders at the same time through six nylon tubes and poppet valves. The CSFI has a bundle of six injectors that feed each cylinder seperately and sequentially in firing order of 1,6,5,4,3,2. It also uses the same type nylon fuel tubes and poppet valves. The CPI has higher HP/Torque output than the TBIs produced during the same time period. It was marketed as the H.O. (High Output powertrain option). This is where the cloudy myth of the mighty 4.3 Vortec has its roots. When in reality many TBIs also have the same Vortec badges and labeling on valve covers and such. The main differences being the injection type with higher fuel pressure and higher lift cam. The bottom ends are the same. There is much heated controversy about the heads being different and the CPI Vortec being far superior to the TBI heads. Some say that the manifold bolts are located differently and ports don't line up, but according to GM Goodwrench both the TBI and CPI of the same years used the same heads. They told me that my heads also fit all '94-95 TBIs. I cannot confirm or refute the info they gave me as I have only worked with '94-95 CPI heads P/N 12522751. I tend to think that GM knows what they are talking about. It's not very common for an auto maker to produce two different type heads for the same basic engine for 4 years. The casting numbers of my two sets of heads are 10238181 and 10240209. You can look at my and others sigs and get an idea of performance mods available for 4.3s and don't overlook cams, nitrous and superchargers.

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
which engine is in it? there are a ton of mods for all the 4.3's if you say there isint you arent looking very hard. i have the 1st gen tbi which tbi desnt offer much to work with and i can still find a ton... if you go to CPI there are a hell of a lot more engine mods that can be done all depends on the engine as which way you go

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
and the engines on the truck and the blazer are identical so you can switch most everything back and forth between them... which means if you see an intake on a s-10 it will fit your blazer i guarentee they are out there just gotta look

1 - 8 of 8 Posts