S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 s10 with a 4.3 TBI in it and i wanna swap a 305 in it. My stepdad thinks its gonna be hard to find a killer running 305 out of a 94 or so, so could i get a newer 305, swap the intake manifold to a gm performance parts vortec tbi manifold, bolt all my sensors (except for knock sensors) and accessories to the vortec block? If not, what all would i have to change? and would i just need to get a prom or ecu from a 94 truck with a 305 TBI and 4L60E?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
You could get a cheaper carbed intake and an adapter plate and save more than $100. All of the sensors should bolt up, and the knock sensor from the 4.3L should screw into either a coolant or oil plug in the block.

The vortec 305s had much more restrictive heads than the 350s. If you swap the 350 heads onto the 305 it will pick up a lot of mid and top end power.

·
Its that dam ADD!
4,742 Posts
305= aint worth the hassle, 350 would be

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
305= aint worth the hassle, 350 would be
my stepdad wont let me put a 350 in, so it 305 or 4.3. Personally, i would rather the 305 than the 4.3.
so is it possible to bolt my accessory brackets onto the vortec block?

and where do you buy custom proms?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so has anyone put pre vortec alternator, ac compressor, etc brackets onto a vortec?
also, a 96-02 vortec 5.0 is standard flow for cooling, right?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
damn, thats not what im hoping to hear haha. if i have to use the vortec accessories, how much work would it be to convert to the long style ac compressor from the pancake style? could i just get the hoses out of a blazer/s10 vortec?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts