S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys!! I'm new to the site and wanna say thank you for haveing me here! This is going to be a very slow build thread mainly have it for advice
Anyways... I've got a 1993 extended cab 2 wheel drive 2.8. The plans are to put a propane fueled small block 350, a turbo 350 2wd trans, divoreced np205, 8 lug Dana 44 front, and 14 bolt rear. The suspension- front: triangulated 4 link to a void a panhard bar(track bar), stock xj coil springs, and all high steer set up. Rear- for now temporary I will do a spring over axel just so I can test drive the truck to get front all dialed in. Once I'm comfortable with the front and I save up enough I'm going to do the same cantilever set up as DieselS10. By the way thank you for the inspiration for my rear air bag set up. Also I want to do a hyduralic assist steering but in stead of putting it on the front I'm going to mount it on the rear 14 bolt to do a 1-1 four wheel steer. I will cut the end of the axel tube off both ends weld on inner c's with a Dana 60 high steer kit and custom axel shafts. I will post some pictures ASAP.

Attachments

·
Registered
613 Posts
Sounds like it should be a badass build! Lots to do. Can't wait for some progress pics

·
Registered
442 Posts
If you have mechanical steering up front, you're going to receive bump steer with a double triangulated 4link. If you full hydro the front, no problem. But with a draglink and mechanical steering box, you will have feed back in the steering wheel.

·
Registered
724 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
thanks for a useless link. i already knew some chevys came with the rear steer
02crewcab your on the wrong site.. you need to be an ass to everyone on pirate4x4.com not us lol

But sounds like a bad ass build!

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
02crewcab your on the wrong site.. you need to be an ass to everyone on pirate4x4.com not us lol

But sounds like a bad ass build!

Agreed. Pull the stick from your rectum. There is no place for that here.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Thought i was on pirate for a minute. Very interesting to say the least

·
Carrico
389 Posts
02crew I didnt know whether you knew it or not, I just provided a a link and simple expliantion, but anywho I want to see this done.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey guys. Haven't gotten any progress on the truck. Just started my new job. As soon as I figure out the whole picture thing I will post them. I do have a couple in my profile of what it looks like at this time. Thank you for some of the feedback. If anyone has any suggestions. I would like to hear them!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
gm had this as a factory option for a few years
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadrasteer

seen one of these trucks sitting in the parking lot at work rear axle deff looks interesting
Yes. I've seen and drove those trucks before and I'm looking to build more of a 1-1 steering and with a lot less sensors and less complicated set up.
On those trucks if any sensor goes out the rear steer won't operate properly and the rear tires don't turn at the same rate as the front

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you have mechanical steering up front, you're going to receive bump steer with a double triangulated 4link. If you full hydro the front, no problem. But with a draglink and mechanical steering box, you will have feed back in the steering wheel.
I don't plan on double triangulating the front. I will do a normal triangulated 4 link (idk if that will make a difference or not) and I expect to recive some bump steer with the front being mechanical but hopeing that putting a strong enough of a steering damper on the front axel will reduce it enough for me to be comfortable with it off road. There are 2 reasons I'm not doing a full hydro: 1 idk if in Las Vegas it is legal to have full hydro on a street legal truck, 2 the coast is probably going to be way out of my price range. Unless some one is willing to donate :haha: I will gladly take anything I can :haha:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The front axel with the spring pads and lower link mounts welded on that card board is what I will have pressed out of 1/4" plate to mount the upper links to

Attachments

1 - 20 of 78 Posts