S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to solid axle swap my 93 s10 and dont know what axle to use or what leafs to use. anyone have any suggestions?

·
Administrator
22,608 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Moved to Liftin' it 4wd SFA.

Be sure to look at all of the different forums before posting a new thread to make sure it's in the best place for your question. You'll get a better response.

·
Been there Done it
7,801 Posts
And if you look around in that section maybe an answer to your question.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What r ya trying to do with ur '93? Hardor mild wheelin, just for looks and on road use? ...im not the most knowledgeable dude on here just tryin to help as i am still doing my solid axle swap on my '89, but i can help ya in some of the things i had to figure out with help from others on here

·
Hardhead
830 Posts
You may get some good ideas on what to use from the Stickys. There is one that lists a lot of the front axles with measurements, etc.. Give them a look and search for other builds with your style of vehicle and what was used.

·
Lifelong S-10 Owner
392 Posts
Some people will use the axles from a fullsize but that is pretty wide for an S-10. Early Bronco, Jeep CJ or International Scout are about right but pretty rare now days. I would look into the Jeep YJ or TJ axles like the Dana 30 front and the Dana 35 rear for a matching set. The best would be the Dana 44 Rubicon axles if you can find a set. Newer Jeeps have the left side differential for the front driveshaft. Rancho springs, #55044 I think is the number, work well with the front end for length and weight while on the rear most just weld perches on the axle under the stock leaf springs. Use a block or ad-a-leaf for minor adjustments to make it sit right in the rear. I used to belong to the S10Extremist.org and ZR2USA.com websites but they are both gone now and all the info with it. Hopefully this will at least give you some ideas to check into. Sounds like a nice build you are starting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts