S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dad has a 93 dodge dakota with a 318 5.2 in it. And he was wondering what he could do to make it run better. And it already has exhaust on it. :thumbup: So any tips would be helpfull.

later

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
fill it up with the gas out of the green nozzle at the pump. that stuff is supposed to give you all kinds of power

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
then burn it. sorry, its a Dodge.

·
Mall wheeler
215 Posts
Hi-flow intake, bored throttle body, headers, computer chip and a hotter ignition is about as far as you can go with bolt ons. Unless he wants to bolt on a supercharger!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had a '95 V8 Dakota.I went with a Mopar performance computor(best IMHO for a Dodge,gives an honest 25hp increase but you HAVE to use premium),rev kit (Mopar performance makes one or Comp cams and it's neccessary as 318 valves floats above 5200 rpm which you can go to since the perf comp raises rev limiter),K&N FIPK or drop-in(take out the small silencer panel behind the headlight where the air intake with either).Upgrade ignition(wires - I used MSD 8.5's,hotter coil and MSD 6 or Jacobs).You have the catback already(I had a Dynomax superturbo).Some type of posi rear is a must with sticky tires(can't go over 7" rims in the front).If you go with a supercharger you can't use the performance comp(bumps ignition up to much).
There's also a company in Houston,TX called Magnum Performance.Their speciality is Dodge,including Vipers.They make the parts slo96 suggested.

·
What's in a name?....
311 Posts
www.dodgedakotas.com
Good bunch of people at that website as well. Answered a couple questions I had about the trucks w/o any hassle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts