S-10 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually I'm a foxbody mustang or 1st gen s10 guy. While I really wanted another mustang, I needed a truck. While I really needed a truck, I wanted something with at least a little pep. With all that, I needed a back seat because I often haul my niece around with me, and I need more cab area to toss stuff in. So I thought about it for a while and decided that this truck would fit all my needs pretty well.

The truck was bought new by my uncles brother n law. It now has 129,xxx miles. It runs and drives great, but the paint is fading in the typical dodge fashion, and there's rust over the back tires... so he decided to buy a new f150.

He was asking $1,600, but with my awesome people skillz I was about to talk him down to about half that.

The plan for the next few days is: Complete detail, oil change/tune up, new exhaust (flowmaster!), install the stereo, remove the gay ground effects, and remove the wood grain (I have replacement pieces). Lots of pictures tomorrow. He's two for now!

Since this is a s10 forum I will be disappointed unless I get some negative feed back. However, I know that other members often post other brand builds and they do fairly often, so here's mine...

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
is would soo keep the grandpa wood grain just to be funny.. but thats just.me :haha:

ya gonna lower it, do anything? or just drive it?

·
bartle doo
1,638 Posts
i had a 93 dakota with a 5.2. it was a quick little thing. it was chipped and had some extra motor mods, exhaust, intake, dress up. it was lowered 2", had 15x10 tailgunners, 3'' cowl hood, roll pan clear turn signals and markers(which i have for sale if you interested)

·
Registered
37 Posts
I saw one of these at the track a while back. It was pretty beat looking anmd had a toolbox in the back, but was running in the 13's.

·
when in doubt lay it out
3,463 Posts
It pisses me off that dodge was the only company to ever make a factory v8 mini truck...

Do love me some v8 dakotas though :D

·
Pewter member
2,513 Posts
nice find.the only thing about mopar trucks to me is the interior styling and detail is just "bluh" meaning it just isnt there for me at all.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I went out to my uncles to help him split wood, when I was backing down his driving (which is more like a old logging road) my tire slipped down into a rut and smashed one of my new exhaust tip... When I got out to check the damage I ripped my brand new old navy sweater on the door lock...
Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse I walked outside and found a giraffe trying to steal my truck.... luckily I gave her candy and she ran off into the night!

And here's the exhaust tip I ruined!

And the rest of the truck.

sound clip of the exhaust here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc3ilgFIWnw

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bought a mopar perfomance computer

And a ford taurus efan

Then I discovered a cut/crack in one of my sidewalls, so I painted the mark iii wheels and put them back on. I decided to redo them, next time leaving a polished lip and maybe polished center cap.

I might go ahead and install my cd player today, and probably some pioneer coaxials that I have sitting around. I'm not going to install my components/sub/amp until after I build a new box amp rack, and that'll probably have to wait until after christmas...

42,009 Posts
you sure that taurus fan will have enough cfm's? i got a buddy with a R/T and he said that the jeep grand cherokee electric fan was all the rage with the dak guys.
you need some R/T rims, there's a set for sale here on CL for 300 bucks. lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts