S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I was 15 and my dad bought me a '94 Sonoma I've had the itch to bag it. Instead we went for a static and ended up with this (the maroon one on the right).

Then my senior year in high school I got the rat rod bug, but strapped for cash, I decided to build this.

So yesterday I finally picked up my 3 project. A '93 that has seen better days and needs some TLC but is still a pretty solid start.

(Sorry for the big pics, I'll shrink em from now on)

Its monoleafed for now, but that will be one of the first things to go. The first thing to go was the body kit, which I had to take off to even get it on the trailer. I've already gutted the interior and pulled most of the rats nest under the dash that contained all the air ride, alarm, door popper, and neon harnesses. I even found a house light switch that went to the compressor.:doh:

Plans:
-4 link
-WV smoothies (14 front, 15 rear)
-Primer grey, flat black hood
-Sonoma grille
-Weld in roll pan
-LEDs in body line at the top of the tailgate

Being this is my first bagged truck, and I'm pretty young I'm going to need some help throughout the build. Kinda looking towards you guys for the answers.

Thanks a lot!

·
when in doubt lay it out
3,463 Posts
Looks like a good start.

:popcorn:

·
I just cummed.
18,276 Posts
That looked like it was in primer on the trailer.

Why did you take off the bumper cover?

·
I just cummed.
18,276 Posts
Maroon one on the left???

·
I just cummed.
18,276 Posts
It looked like a Cameo to me.

A house light switch sounds pretty ghetto.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Some progress today. Pulled some interior parts from a donor truck my dad has sitting around. Went to a junkyard and got 14in steelies for the front. Started to follow all the wiring for the valves. It is a mess! I'm going to redo the entire air set up once I can get it in the garage. My dad is going to grab some door bushings on his way home from work so I can get the drivers door lined up again, it is sagging big time!

Old seats

14's (need sandblasted and repainted)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Been looking for options for tail lights. Think I'm going to go with a set from a 1938 Lincoln.

·
Pewter member
2,513 Posts
do it ^

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
damn! Yeah alot of guys have tried to run the cheap fittings, but cant say ive ever seen someone run the cheap lowes tubing for air line! Thats the first thing id rip out of there man!:eek:

I see your from da burgh.. what part? Theres a bunch of us around here if you have any questions about laying a proper and safe air ride setup out on that truck. :tup:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
damn! Yeah alot of guys have tried to run the cheap fittings, but cant say ive ever seen someone run the cheap lowes tubing for air line! Thats the first thing id rip out of there man!:eek:

I see your from da burgh.. what part? Theres a bunch of us around here if you have any questions about laying a proper and safe air ride setup out on that truck. :tup:
Yeah thats all getting ripped out as soon as I get the truck parked in its permanent location. Those lines are scary!

I'm in Moon Twp, but the truck is in Beaver at my parents house. I'd love to take a look at some setups around the area. All I've seen are POS's that I looked at on CL that were even worse than this one haha.

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
i hear ya, i picked up a cheap first gen a while back to bag and bodydrop. same thing, shitty fittings and hacked suspension everywhere! Check it out if ya want, theres a link in my sig of some of the slow spare time progress. VV

·
I Like 2 Cut Shit Up.
1,091 Posts
Nice project. Should be sweet when done. I like seeing people give some lovin to a truck that needs it. It's also nice to see young guys on there first bagged project.(that's me too) Can't wait to see more progress.
Subscribing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Small update.
Truck as it sits at the moment. Finally got the '66 Vette to the owner and the S10 in the garage.

Noticed that the check valves only runs to the front bags? Is there a reason for this or is it just a mistake by the original owner? Do I even need these?

Got my AVS door popper kit in. It came with the truck, still new in the box. Was super easy to bolt in and wire up. While I was at it I also put new pins/bushings in the drivers door.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ohhhh.....also forgot to mention that my dad got the truck to run now! I pulled the old alarm system and all he did was splice a couple wires together on the steering column. Fired right up! Still runs rough though. New plugs/wires are in the works.

This is great because when I went to get the truck it was $1800 but I haggled him to a grand since it didn't run. $800 discount fixed for free!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No progress tonight. I went to pull the front drivers wheel off and it was sticking a little bit so I stuck my arm in the wheel well and gave it a good pull. Pulled just hard enough to knock the truck off the jack and pin my arm between the tire and fender.

Ive never been so scared in my life. Everyone was asleep and I ended up waking my neighbor from yelling. But by the time she got there I able to get the jack with my free arm and prop the truck back up.

Lesson leaned.......always use a jack stand no matter how simple the task or how much of a hurry your in.....I know I'll always be using them from now on.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not much progress. Put my corvette ralleys on so I can sell the rims that came with it and get the steelies sandblasted.

Also gutted the air management, and rigged up valves to hold air so I can roll it around. First time I've been able to take a look at the bridge and notches really, pics of them tomorrow.

I was able to air it up all the way to see what kind of life it gets in the front.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts