S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
93 S10 cranks but doesnt start. The fuel pump runs but the engine isnt getting gas. I took the fuel pump out, replaced a bad strainer, and siphoned all the bad gas and trash at the botton of the fuel tank. I put new gas and now it still wont start. What should i do?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
28,335 Posts
What engine? Did you replace the filter? If there was trash in the tank, it may have made its way to the injectors. Does it run if you pour a little gas down the TB?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What engine? Did you replace the filter? If there was trash in the tank, it may have made its way to the injectors. Does it run if you pour a little gas down the TB?
2.8l v6 no i didnt can i replace the fuel filter without jacks or a lift. What should i do if that trash did get to the injectors? Yes it down run if i pour gas down there. What should i do next?

·
Registered
45 Posts
2.8l v6 no i didnt can i replace the fuel filter without jacks or a lift. What should i do if that trash did get to the injectors? Yes it down run if i pour gas down there. What should i do next?
Pour some gas down the Throttle body and see if it fires up. If bad gas sat in the injectors, might have clogged them up. The fuel filter on a 93 is so big that It is almost a rarity it gets clogged enough to stop up; as to not allow any gas on idle. Have you taken the fuel line off and actually turned the key on to make sure you are getting the fuel pump to pump gas? Be careful doing so, you will lose gas when doing so. But you might as well rule everything out...

·
Registered
7 Posts
if you had a lot of glittery looking stuff in the bottom of the tank, it's likely the fuel pump is no good. There is nothing else in the system that will leave glitter in the bottom of the tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts