S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of getting a 93 regular cab 4wd. Its only got 130k miles and runs good and 4wd still works fine.. Only 500 bucks. Its got a 2 inch body lift. I am thinking of cranking the tbars and getting some shackels and putting my buddies 265-75-16's on it after I get new rims. How well will this thing fair offroad if its got decent tires. I may just get it since its not bad shape and cheap.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it looks like a 2 inch. its got 2wd rims on it so they stick out far now, but I will change that back to 4wd rims when I go to the 16 inch rims. or I may leave it as is and paint it and just drive it everywhere as another daily/beater.

·
3 Leaf Fab
4,082 Posts
i bought mine for $350 and had a blast while it was still stockish. i did a bunch of free mods and said to hell with it and abused it. i broke an axle once, but it never really missed a beat other than that. i was running 32x10.5's with trimmed fenders and i welded the spiders on the rear axle. i also did a little creative body work :D

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what I am thinking for this truck, not alot of lift but big tires and basic mods here and there, and just go offroad around here, but I dont think I can pass it up for 500 bucks. I want an offroad rig maybe not the best but still a blast.

·
Registered Asshole
4,125 Posts
i have basically what you're looking at... 2" body lift, cranked bars, shackles, and some 31" m/t's i daily mine but have wheeled it hard at times. the 31" m/t's have gotten me most any place i've ever wanted to go. i say go for it for $500.... def a good deal even if it becomes a trail beater!

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah thats exactly what I am looking at doing, I want a simple not over the top trail rig, but I want to be able to get through some shit. But I am going to have to invest in some pulleys and tow straps lol.

·
Registered Asshole
4,125 Posts
haha yea... def invest in a good tow strap! and take another truck with ya when ya go out! it allows ya to try more challenging shit and get pulled out if need be! but i'll tell ya... i've been surprised at how many times i HAVEN'T had to pull the tow strap out! these trucks are def underrated when it comes to wheelin. they're very capable... but the ifs garbage is where it catches up to ya! replacing parts a lot more often than you should becomes the norm if you wheel it!

·
I Rather Be Wheelin'
4,864 Posts
For $500 I'd say go for it if she's rust free. I paid $700 for my rust bucket, and put hundreds into it in just rust repair. And I still keep running into rust issues every so often (like body mounts ripping off the cab, these are fun to replace).

But I wouldn't trade my pile of shit for anything (well, then again..) :D

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no its not rust free but its not bad and very solid still, just rust above the bed sides, go figure. I cant pass up a 4.3 4wd first gen thats only got 130k miles for 500 bucks. plus it goes into gear and shifts fine and the 4wd still works great. not completly set on it yet cause I am in need of some 20's for my real baby.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
i have basically what you're looking at... 2" body lift, cranked bars, shackles, and some 31" m/t's i daily mine but have wheeled it hard at times. the 31" m/t's have gotten me most any place i've ever wanted to go. i say go for it for $500.... def a good deal even if it becomes a trail beater!

crazy91s10 how is your idler arm holding up?

·
Registered Asshole
4,125 Posts
crazy91s10 how is your idler arm holding up?
eh... same as it's been. the 31s just beat it up. i've given up on changing it as often as i was. i think i've gotten about 8 or 9 months out of it so far... but i also haven't been wheeling as much as i used to so maybe that has something to do with it. hows your PP idler holding up?

edit... PP idler sounds real bad doesn't it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts