S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 92 sonoma 2.5 manual and have replaced everything cap rotors plugs coil ignition and ecu fuel pump and all in vain it is very hard to start if it dosent backfire through carb when started it backfires through exhaust every revolution .i replaced map sensor and sensor on the exhaust as well as new exhaust.i have set timing and checked wires.tried to get a reading off the computer which i replaced but wont pull a code so i am cleanin harnes connections at firewall.fuel pump is new and im starting to head towards tbi any suggestions would be great but im chasing my tail on this one.:rant:

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
You shure the timing is not 180* or so out? I moved all my plug wires on mine 2 the opposite side on the cap (moved 180*) and it fixed it, I had similar issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You shure the timing is not 180* or so out? I moved all my plug wires on mine 2 the opposite side on the cap (moved 180*) and it fixed it, I had similar issues.
i tried that and also set at tdc and set at 8 degress.also tried starting at different timing retarded and advanced .i have replaced every sensor i can think of.

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
Did you set 8* with the upper right 2 pins shorted on the ALDL?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.