S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anybody that can help me. I have a strange problem with my Blazer.
My engine turns over but will not start, keeps cranking.
I have messured my injectors and there is no power on them.
The really strange part is that if I pour som gazoline into the TBI, it starts right away. But it wouldn't go on idle speed...
Please help anybody, I think I'm going crazy......

·
Insane Network Engineer
5,965 Posts
Do you have TBI or CPI? (I see TBI in your message, but I want to be sure) First check the fuel pressure at the rail. Being that it kicks over when you pour gas in, it most likely is your fuel pump and/or the fuel pump relay... Also replace your fuel filter.... Start with those.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IIt's a TBI for sure.
I hvae not checked the fuelpressure because it runs great when it runs. No problem with high revs or nothing like that.
And as mentioned before, it's no voltagen on my injectors when I'm cranking the engine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had an 89 Blaz 262 a few years back and had the same type of a problem. Cranked for ever until it started. It had to build up oil pressure, first. Traced it to a wire that hooks up to the computer that shuts down the fuel system if the oil pressure gets too low.

·
Registered
653 Posts
First thought is to check the fuel pump relay. If it is bad no fuel untill pressure is up then a backup oil pressure switch kicks in the fuel pump. But usually when this happens you can still start it up with extended cranking to bring up oil pressure. If your oil pressure was on the low side before this happened it might also explain why the fuel pump kicks off at low rpm.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The fuelpump relay starts when the ignitions is on. The fuel pressure is ok too. When I'm cranking, the fuelpump starts after around 3 seconds, so it's not there the problem is.
I still can't meassure some voltage on the injectors when I'm cranking, but there should be right??
If A and B is shorted on the ADL I think there should be power too all sensors, can anyone tell me if that is right. And maybe try to meassure the voltage on the injectors when the ignition is on and A and B is connected on the ADL???

·
Registered
7 Posts
My blazer was not giving spark or gas, it turnd out to be bad minus (-) on modul bolts
. sandblasted bolts an good as new. (icelandic english)

·
2,679 Posts
This thread is over 8 years old. And not a good one at that....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts