S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AVTekk is my HERO
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey I have a question real quick, I'm building a 350 sbc for my s10 hoping to make it a nasty motor with the hydraulic roller cam and all but there has been some confusion on the special oil pan? some say you need it others say you dont and I have read you do and do not.... I'm kinda lost anyone who has done it please let me know

·
Registered
85 reg cab, long bed, ls6, 4l70
246 Posts
No special oil pan necesary, a stock truck model pan will give you penty of room.

·
AVTekk is my HERO
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
allright thanks, just another quick question though was it an easy drop in for you or is it easier to take the front clip off

·
Registered
85 reg cab, long bed, ls6, 4l70
246 Posts
yes it was pretty easy my truck is a 91 standard cab standard bed that was a 4 cylender, manual trans. that i converted to a 350 sbc (out of a 78 3/4 to van and used the vans oil pan with no problems encounterd) with a TH350 trans (out of a 71 car?) . I took the front clip off it is pretty easy to do and will save many headaces. the engine and trans went in as one unit bolted together. I used JTR mounts and used the blazer mounting slots with a 1/8inch spacer plate on the drivers side wich put the engine low enuff that I can use a 3 inch tall air filter mounted in a one inch spacer and i can shut the stock hood (no cowl). Also I only needed to hammer the floor boad on the passernger side where my headmen shorty header exits at. And you should be able to reuse your stock trans crossmember, I did, all I had to do was move the crossmember to the forward set of holes on the drivers side. Also for the fuel system my truck was a TBI so to lower the pressure for a caburated set up I used a mallory return style fuel pressure regulater to keep the in tank fuel pump set up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts