S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
91 Chevy S10 2.5l
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Fellas, I have swapped out every bulb to leds. Most everything still works. I got 2 electronic flashers to replace the stock round canister ones. For some reason though... my front corner marker blinkers don't come on at all. The rear flashers just stay on solid and don't blink. I was wondering what exactly the little white box relay is for next to the flasher canister behind the panel? Does that need to be swapped out as well? Thanks so much for any and all help!
Trunk Bumper Audio equipment Automotive tire Gas

·
Registered
91 Chevy S10 2.5l
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Horn relay. Okay. Makes sense. So these are the electronic flashers I got and grounded out the ground wire. Any other ideas on why my lights are doing what I explained in my original post. Thanks again!
Font Electronic device Auto part Fashion accessory Brand

·
Registered
1994 GMC Jimmy SLE 4.3 CPI 4x4
1,147 Posts
You still need to add load resistors, if you take out the front bumper leds and put the halogen bulbs back in you’ll find everything works. Use the search bar at the top of the page this has been discussed plenty of times.

·
Registered
91 Chevy S10 2.5l
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I've heard/read that you dont need load resistors if you get the electronic flasher. Also, I tried to put the regular bulbs back in and No it didn't make everything work normally. I have used the search button but nothing is quite like mine. Here is a video. Thanks again for any help.

·
Been there Done it
15,261 Posts
Your side marker lights ground thru the parking light bulbs. Since an LED bulb is a Light Emitting Diode and diodes only allow current to travel one way, you may need to go back to none LED marker lights.

·
Registered
91 Chevy S10 2.5l
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your side marker lights ground thru the parking light bulbs. Since an LED bulb is a Light Emitting Diode and diodes only allow current to travel one way, you may need to go back to none LED marker lights.
Please see video above. Also, do you think this could have anything to do with my turn signal switch? I found this one at autozone. Thanks again sir. I appreciate your time.
Jaw Screenshot Font Art Jewellery

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Did the turn signals work before you swapped in LEDs? I don’t know who told you that load resistors aren’t required but they are misinformed. In my Jimmy every bulb is LED except the bumper lights, because I haven’t felt like fooling with resistors and it doesn’t really bother me. ODS is right in the side markers ground through the bumper lights, when I put LEDs in the bumper I get no sides, and no flashing turn signals, even with digital flasher relays for LEDs. If your turn signals worked before the LEDs you’re wasting time and money throwing a switch in.

Here is a thread.

·
Registered
91 Chevy S10 2.5l
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did the turn signals work before you swapped in LEDs? I don’t know who told you that load resistors aren’t required but they are misinformed. In my Jimmy every bulb is LED except the bumper lights, because I haven’t felt like fooling with resistors and it doesn’t really bother me. ODS is right in the side markers ground through the bumper lights, when I put LEDs in the bumper I get no sides, and no flashing turn signals, even with digital flasher relays for LEDs. If your turn signals worked before the LEDs you’re wasting time and money throwing a switch in.

Here is a thread.
Thanks for the info. I'm not sure if the blinkers were working prior to led bulbs as I've bulb this truck from the bottom up. So if I just put a load resistors on both bumper LED bulbs and put regular bulbs in the corner bulbs this should work? The only other issue is that my reverse light don't work at all. No juice to them either. I replaced the reverse light switch in the transmission and they still don't work. That's really why I was thinking about the turn signal switch as I've read this can be the culprit. Make any sense to you? Thanks again for all your help brother. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
If you add the resistors than you can run LEDs in the side markers as well. I don’t know about your reverse light problem but you should be able to jump the wires and rule out the switch, new parts are sometimes duds.

·
Registered
91 Chevy S10 2.5l
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you add the resistors than you can run LEDs in the side markers as well. I don’t know about your reverse light problem but you should be able to jump the wires and rule out the switch, new parts are sometimes duds.
Awesome. Thanks again brother. I will install them and check back in with results.

·
Registered
91 Chevy S10 2.5l
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey brother, newb question but which wires do I connect. There is the groundThis is my front bumper turn signal.
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive mirror Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
The ground wire and the flasher wire, on my truck the flasher is the dark blue RH and light blue LH wires, I don’t know if there is any variation between years though. @oldeerslayer may be able to help you with diagrams to tell you which is which on your plug, or grab a test light and get to probing.

·
Registered
91 Chevy S10 2.5l
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The ground wire and the flasher wire, on my truck the flasher is the dark blue RH and light blue LH wires, I don’t know if there is any variation between years though. @oldeerslayer may be able to help you with diagrams to tell you which is which on your plug, or grab a test light and get to probing.
I just did that but the blue wire prong lights very dim and the brown wire prong lights bright.. sonce I'm not getting any blinking, how do I tell which wire is the flasher wire? Thanks again!

·
Registered
91 Chevy S10 2.5l
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
But now that I am looking below where a new pigtail was put on. Mine is light blue on the drivers side and dark blue on the passanger side. So it would be the dim one. Awesome. Thank you so much! Off and away. I will report back. Thanks again.

·
Registered
91 Chevy S10 2.5l
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Sooooo I have the resistors in and all LED bulbs lit but no blinking at all as before. So turn signal switch time?? Thanks again! Really appreciate it man.

·
Registered
91 Chevy S10 2.5l
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So update... put the new switch in. Haven't put the wheel and all back on but installed the turn signal switch. I tried the blinkers like this and they didn't work. Thought I'd try it before putting the wheel and plate and everything back on. Not sure if that matters but Just as before. No clicking and no flashing. What would you guys try next? Thanks fellas!
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Auto part

1 - 20 of 39 Posts