S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
91 4.3 (tbi) engine runs good, always has until tonight... once it gets put into a drive gear the engine dies. In neutral its fine, in park its fine... in D, R, 2, or 1 it dies. Drivetrain rolls fine in neutral also. Anyone know where I should start?

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New parts include fuel pump, filter, and sender... as well as o2 sensor and cap/rotor/plugs/wires, not to mention rad, upper and lower hoses, thermostat, water pump, serp belt, and so on. Theres tons more I dont remember. Fuel system and cooling system are flawless... and 100% new.... oh and new battery and icm as well as a new heater core and driveshaft. Not that those are at all a part in this

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no codes. I talked with the pros and they all said rebuild the trans. Could be converter could be a valve, hard to tell but they all insist on complete rebuild. Guess I'll jump over to the transmission section.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its going into a shop. Might try replacing the converter 1st just in case though.

Anyways...

Never breaks down on the road. Always at home or work. (2 times it has broken so far)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts