S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys it's been nice knowing yall. Unfortunatly my 2.5 died last night for good i may see some of you in the 2.2 section soon as that is what i plan to replace it with

·
One Piece At A Time
211 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. Mine died Tuesday, so I know your pain...

·
Registered
63 Posts
That seems odd.... I've had 3 91 e code 2.5's go 200k with moderate abuse and negligent maintenance ( one of them I actually bought new) That why I was wondering why you would go through all of the work to convert it to a 2.2. What gave out on your 2.5 ?

·
One Piece At A Time
211 Posts
192,XXXmi, it threw a rod. Oh well... this is my chance to make a 4x4 V8 out of mine...:smoke:

·
Aftermath (Canuck side)
346 Posts
346K But K for kilometers, since us canadians live in "igloo's" and all hahahha.

Yea, i know my dukey's gonna be retired pretty quick.. it needs some mad tender lovin care. Come spring, i might park it in the shop for a bit do a lil overhaul... Maybe i'll get a beater impala to drive around ;) luvely. lol, if i did that, then maybe i wouldnt put the truck back on the road.. i'd just fall in love with the impala!

Those 2.5's are hardstandin lil motors. I sure admire them. Would be a funner ride if they were in something that was lighter than our trucks.

Well, those whom own them, cheers

all others, seasons greetings

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lighter than our trucks? i dont know about your but the dry weight on mine is only 26xx pounds. thats lighter than a 3rd gen RX7 man. i dont many vehiclles lighter than that

·
Aftermath (Canuck side)
346 Posts
Well, im not a fan of RX7's nor of newer vehicles, i was more along the lines of thinking about old skool bugs, coopers, vega's/gremlin's..... Cuz that little 4banger has a lot of snot when it wants to. lol, I was raisin an eyebrow to stickin my engine in my buddy's festiva, but since its fwd, there's no way i would even bother.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
I hate to say it but my truck (2.5 K&N, glasspacks, no cat, EGR mod and other little goodies) out excelerates my step-moms expedition with a 5.4 V8, I'm happy with my motor, I can burn out all the way through 3rd while moving, plus I've left some nice posi marks when I drop the front down and dump the clutch. Not to mention how affordable these motors are.

When mine goes out you better believe its getting re-built with a Mercury 3.0 crank and piston, and I'm gonna make my own intake, plus I'll get headers.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
139,xxx and loving it!

·
Registered
142 Posts
nice

I bout my s-10 (first vehicle) with 237k on her. Ran good at first. After that ive installed a thrush turbo muffler, and high flow cat. Cold air intake, 2 inch tbi spacer and my truck ran like shit after the tbi spacer (reason why i refused to sell them to you guys) but it idled really low, and had lots of power. I love it. I use to burn off my 17 inch steels all the time, holding her at 5k and ive hit around 6 few times. One night bouncing off the rev limiter while the speedo was pegged blew the alternator in peices and took out the alt bracket/belt tensioner, after that i decided to get a new vehicle, so i tried to blow the motor up for shits and giggles, so a burnout pegged at 5500 with no water pump or nothing and she didnt blow, she did just shut off on me after numerous minutes of fun. She still runs with jump cables and another car. shes got to 242k before she was retired, for now . :) roy

·
potholes SUCK!!!
173 Posts
over 250,000 on mine and still goin strong. ive ran that ****er damn near out of oil many times and she still keeps goin. went 10,000 without changin the oil. only thing ive done on the engine is replace a water pump and a tune up.

·
Registered
125 Posts
159,9xx. It changes its own oil (quart every 300 miles). Finally changed the firewall fuel filter again after eight years. It loves me!

If I could just stop the cancer!!!

Seth

·
First Gen Til I Die
33 Posts
260000 and still running strong, these dukes cant be stopped.

·
Registered
326 Posts
You're telling me.. Can't be stopped....
I have the same oil change schedule on my 2.5 about every 300 or so a quart down...
damn thing!
willie

·
Registered
92 Posts
22 years old, and 162,000 miles and running strong. No major engine work, or tranny work.

·
white wall member
1,655 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts