S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced orifice and accumulator. Vacuumed down for 40 minutes, let sit for 60 minutes and no loss. Added small can of Ester oil and added can of 134a. Was only about 1/2 to 3/4 of can and it was already over charged, but not blowing cold. Guages show about 70psi on low side and 100psi on high side with AC on Max. Air never gets cold. There is a chatter when the AC clutch is engaged. Can someone point me in the next step to troubleshoot please?

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
2001 Blazer 4dr 4wd LT
1,107 Posts
check vacumn and if the hot/cold door is moving . could be debris plugged ac coil inside too- think mouse nest.

Reactions: ItsanS10

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I will check. It definitely will change to heat, but truck did sit for a bit so could be something inside is blocked. Thanks for the input and any other ideas are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also the there is no condensation on the accumulator and even the can doesn't get cold when charging the system.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well we took all connections loose, replaced all o-rings, and then found out the compressor had no oil. Replaced oil, reconnected all connections, vacuumed down system, let sit for an hour and all good. Added maybe a 1/4 can or R134A, compressor kicked on and still no cool air. However, compressor started making even worse noises so I am certain that the compressor is bad. So off to the pick N pull first thing tomorrow morning. When connections were off I did use my air compressor and air flowed freely through all connections. If I'm missing anything please let me know before we try a compressor. Thanks

·
Registered Hoosier
4,640 Posts
What is the capacity of the system? It's not going to cool on only 1/4 can. A full can is only 12 oz(3/4 #)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure the full capacity. I would think at least two cans. However, the low pressure immediately shoots to almost 80psi after 1/4 can and the high pressure barely gets to 100psi. Plus even after putting about 8oz ester oil in the compressor, it need spin much more freely by hand, but it started making horrific sounds after running 10 -15 minutes. So I believe with the compressor running with no oil and never building more than 100 psi that the compressor is shot. If I'm wrong or you need more info please don't hesitate to let me know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts