S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
LMAO.... i think thats the first time I've ever seen that sort of problem. Here is an alternative, tho you will need some new fittings.

Get this to come out of the bag:

And this to go off of that:

The top piece has female threads on the side you can't see.

·
Beeyotch
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Son of a bitch are you serious? I can't believe no one else has run into this. I know I can do it with more fittings, I just didn't really want to do that. Oh well, I guess I might just come out of the upper arm or something....shit.

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
I had that problem, lol.. I just tightened the fitting down, bolted the bag into the top cup, and tightened the fitting a bit more to it was almost hitting the bolt head (I've got Slams.. no studs)..

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
well shit i just ordered 2 90 fittings for 5/8 line, looks like ill be screwed.

·
Beeyotch
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok then change of plans. When I run my line out of the upper A-Arm, will 1/2 line bend enough to go towards the back?

·
Alsek Spring & Fab Ltd.
1,230 Posts
you should be able to take off the nut, and then the insert piece that is in the middle. so just the threads are left. it should give you enuf room to turn it all the way around without hittng the studs.

When I installed the front on my truck, i originally ran the airline out a hole right beside the shock hole. I hit the switch a few times and it kinked the line immediately. So I ended up using the 90 out of the bag. I didnt like how close to the exhaust the line was coming out from the a-arm anyway.

·
Registered
396 Posts
i had that prob i took the sleeve on the inside of the fitting out and then screwed the fitting in then put the sleeve back in and it was fine..

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
presetlimits said:
yea..what first impressions said. sorry had to much to drink last night still getting over it
You and me both. Bleh.

Anyways, yeah, just take the fitting apart and it should go on. I had no problems with mine doing that however.

And Grim, no, 90s don't slow it down much at all. I've got em all over, and its still fast.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
i hope just taking the nut and sleeve out will do it. the only differance is mine is for 5/8 line. that could be an issue

·
Dey took rrr jobs!!
4,322 Posts
Ok thats good..cuz I think I wanna re do my front and have em come through the bag cup.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Yep you guys are right, take off the nut, and pull the stainless insert out very carefully. Stick a punch in it and wiggle it and it should pop right out. I just measured a 1/2" npt x 1/2" line 90, and it gained an even 1/2" of clearance.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
first impressions said:
i originally ran the airline out a hole right beside the shock hole. I hit the switch a few times and it kinked the line immediately.
You must not have done somethin right, cuz I have plenty of room without the line hitting anything.

·
Beeyotch
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
IRSd_mini said:
Yep you guys are right, take off the nut, and pull the stainless insert out very carefully. Stick a punch in it and wiggle it and it should pop right out. I just measured a 1/2" npt x 1/2" line 90, and it gained an even 1/2" of clearance.
Crap I can't take that stainless insert out of the fitting. Is it suppose to be easy or hard to take out? Anyone have any techniques to take it out?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
yank that fu<ker

·
ALMOST DONE
1,422 Posts
i couldnt get that stainless insert out of my fittings from larry when i had the same problem...sucks cause it ****ed up a $12 fitting cause it was for 5/8 line

1 - 20 of 25 Posts