S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everbody,

I'm very frustrated right now because i just found out that i have 2x 12"w0's with 8 ohm each.

Does anybody know a good amp for those???? I bought a jbl 300.1 which obviously doesn't do anything for those subs.
All suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks in advance

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
You need a 2 channel amp that will do around 300 rms into a 4 ohm bridged load. Stick with name brands and you can't go wrong. I also wouldn't be afraid to give those subs a bit more than the recommended 125 rms, even 200 rms each should be fine. Just stay away from the cheap junk (Pyramid, Legacy, Rockwood, etc).

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
Dude, just wire the speakers in paralell and you will have 4 ohms. It won't be stereo but it will do the trick.

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
wolfmangk said:
Dude, just wire the speakers in paralell and you will have 4 ohms. It won't be stereo but it will do the trick.
Dude, that's what he is looking for and what everyone in this thread suggested. No one said anything about running 8 ohm stereo. He needs a new amp because the one he has now is only running 75 rms per sub at a 4 ohm load.

·
BARELY Tuckin' Tire
5,862 Posts
i've got an old school punch 250a2 doing over 400 watts into a 4ohm mono loan. 150 shipped. PM me if intrested..thanks man

1 - 13 of 13 Posts