S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 89 s10. I was told that the original engine that was in it blew up and was replaced with a 2.5 engine out of an automatic vehicle. I have plenty of fuel pressure but not getting the injector to fire. I know nothing about Chevys so I'm at a loss.

·
the new guy
901 Posts
someone else should be able to come along and help you out. I have no idea but I just wanted to let you know that your post is not being ignored.

·
Boozebag
9,142 Posts
Do you know what the original engine was? V6 maybe?
If they did not replace the computer with the 2.5 model, that may be your issue.
You may want to check to see if there is a signal to the injector. Pop the injector connector off and see if it will light a test light while you crank the engine. Try both wires to the connector.
It may be a pooched injector too. It's easy to remove. There is a screen in it that may be clogged or rusty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was originally a 2.5 that I guess blew up and they found another 2.5 but it was for an automatic transmission while the original was for a manual transmission

·
Boozebag
9,142 Posts
All vehicles run on the same principles...
Check all of your electrical connections. Particularly to the distributor. This controls the injector.
Jack up the right front, pull the tire and see what's going on with the distributor.
Check spark plug for spark.
The distributor connections have to be good, otherwise no worky.
If you have spark, try a shot of ether in the TB. If the engine fires, you have a fuel issue.
Change the fuel filter. Just because.
Post your results...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All vehicles run on the same principles...
Check all of your electrical connections. Particularly to the distributor. This controls the injector.
Jack up the right front, pull the tire and see what's going on with the distributor.
Check spark plug for spark.
The distributor connections have to be good, otherwise no worky.
If you have spark, try a shot of ether in the TB. If the engine fires, you have a fuel issue.
Change the fuel filter. Just because.
Post your results...
I have already checked I'm getting plenty of fuel pressure. If I pull the Injector out it spays fuel out like crazy. Ether lets it start but then it dies. The injector is not pulsing to put the fuel into the TB

·
Boozebag
9,142 Posts
Hmmmm, sounds like a bad ground (?)
One side of the injector connection should be hot (+) the other side is (-). The injector wiring is isolated to the ECM.
Sounds like you aren't getting a good signal to the injector or it's bombed.
Maybe grab a used injector from a upull...
One side of the injector plug should make a test light flicker when you crank the engine. If you don't have a signal, the light won't flash.
Have you tired that?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts