S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an ‘89 S10 with 355 SBC with some cheaper aftermarket headers which have served me well. I ordered some Sanderson headers (I’ll fill the part # in here tomorrow) that have 1.75” primary and 3” collector. These are not long tubes. After trying to get the linkage from shifter to transmission to work with that giant collector in the way I’m about to give up and reinstall the cheaper headers (smaller collector). I could slide the engine forward about another 1/2” as the mounts are JTR and adjustable for forward/backward. With that being said, I want as much clearance for a flex fan/shroud as I can possibly create. I’ve also cut the radiator support to allow the radiator to move forward about 1.5”.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the 2.8L with auto trans had a different linkage between the trans and the shifter/column at the firewall and that the bends in it made this move to larger headers an easier change. Can anyone confirm this? I’ll post pics of what I am dealing with and part number for headers as well. Transmission is 700r4. Engine is in setback position with the dizzy almost against the firewall. Pics will be added tomorrow sometime. TIA for any help/advice....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pictures will help...lol
Yeah, I just went back to the 1.5” headers, way more room and the exhaust was set up for them anyway. I’ll figure out if I can find someone who wants these brand new ceramic coated shorty headers and sell them or throw them on a shelf. Sorry, I work shit ton of hours and damn near forgot about posting this question last month.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts