S-10 Forum banner
121 - 139 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Those Polk speakers are the shite.
I installed a set in one of my dimes, although short on bass, (what can you expect from a tiny speaker) they sound excellent.
My first truck was a 93 S10 back in the late 90’s. I had Polk components in the doors with a Fosgate sub behind the seat. The sound that came out of the Polk components was so nice. So for the price of these I figured I couldn’t go wrong and it’s bound to sound a ton better than then old, stock stuff.

·
Boozebag
9,858 Posts
Dood, there is not even a slight comparison to the stock poo poo.
Polk makes some pretty high quality stuff.
You totally made the right choice

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Went in to do tie rods and realized my center link was smoked so now got one ordered from Rock Auto. Should be all back together about 10 minutes after the new center link arrives lol

·
Been there Done it
11,880 Posts
After you get it together have someone turn the wheel back and forth and see how much the end of the idler arm moves up and down. It shouldn't move that direction at all, but a little is tolerable. For awhile.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Also, ordered new carpet for her from stockinteriors.com today. Just picking away at it one step at a time. Still got a pile of parts to throw on her to continue freshening her up that mostly consists of brakes and ball joints.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
Drove her to work for the first time today (100 miles roundtrip). She did pretty dadgum good which makes me feel better and increases my confidence in her a bit after doing all the work that I've done to her already.

It was super windy so let me tell you she definitely goes where ever the winds blows her LOL Having decent ground clearance but being pretty light and that wind just tells her where she's gonna go :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
So I've got a lot of project going on so I've just been picking at this at little at at time as time has allowed until I can focus on it again. This weekend I replaced the throttle position sensor, MAP sensor, tensioner pulley assembly and the belt. Now with the new, tighter belt the alternator is yelling at me with the extra tension on the bearing since the belt is new and not stretched. So new alternator ordered off Rock Auto. Eventually this thing will be 100% caught up on maintenance. I hope! LOL She does idle a bit better now than she did before so there's that :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
Finally getting around to throwing the new carpet in (pics to follow once the project is complete). I've got everything ripped out now but as I was doing that I realized how desperately I need new seatbelts. Trying to track down a set of new belts. Not sure if I want to go for some universal belts from LMC or eBay or find something else. I think I'm also going to rebuild my bench seat while it's out.

If any of you know where I can get some good seat belts let me know. I'm all ears.

·
Boozebag
9,858 Posts
LMC does ell seat belts (IIRC), but they are $$$$$$!
You may be able to find some on the forum.
How does your floor look?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
LMC does ell seat belts (IIRC), but they are $$$$$$!
You may be able to find some on the forum.
How does your floor look?
Floor is good. Early on in the thread I had to do some small patching where the body mounts are but nothing super crazy. I’ll keep looking for seat belts. I’m not thrilled with what I found on LMC. I found some on eBay I may try until I find what I really nee

got the carpet in tonight. Still need to do some slight trimming. I feel like I got the 50 shades of blue going on LOL I’ll throw the seat in after that but it needs a rebuild that I hope to tackle in August.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #138 ·
I forgot about the earlier posts about the floor.
Carpet looks excellent. New car smell...
Yeah, understandable how that would stick out in your mind LOL The important parts of the truck are super solid. It's just these fringe things that are beat down. 🤣 I've got some pretty things planned for the seat so we'll see how it turns out.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
Seat is in. I’ve got a lead on some seat belts from a forum member. I’ll be getting this dingy seat redone here in a few weeks, hopefully. Then I’ll need to give the door panels some attention next. It always snowballs lol

121 - 139 of 139 Posts