S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an 88 S-15 longbed from my father in law for free(good price) It only has 81,000 miles on it but body is quite beaten. I am looking to keep it mostly stock, and just keep it useful. What are repairs/maintenance things that i should do right away, or be prepared for? Already 2 issues I have are a sagging drivers door, sagging headliner, and dome light that doesnt go out. Any easy/common fixes. Thanks all for your input.

·
Hyundai Owner
4,272 Posts
You need door pins ($5 at parts stores and not too hard to change).
Check the rear main seal (they leak oil sometimes).
My dome light wouldnt shut off and then it wouldnt turn on so I hot wired it to a switch.
My headliner also sags.
5 speed or auto?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is an auto. I just replaced the rear bumper, and will be replacing the tailgate, and tailgate hinges. All were pretty rusty.
Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
281 Posts
depending on when he last did a tune up on it, you may want to replace the fuel filter, the plugs, the wires, the air filter and the PCV valve. Check your fluids as well, maybe flush the coolant, also you may want to change the tranny fluid, as well as the oil.

All these suggestions of course are dependent on when your father in law last did any of this stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts