S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon! Or morning depending on where you are from.

I recently purchased a 1988 s10 Tahoe trim from my father. Before he purchased the truck it had a 3.4 swapped in from a Camaro, but after about 100k miles on the swap, the transmission is starting to go. This truck still has the automatic transmission from the factory, and from what I could find out, it’s a 700r4. Now is where I am slightly lost, I cannot find a 60 degree transmission anywhere around me, and am wanting to get a transmission swapped in as soon as possible. Now I do have access to multiple 700r4’s from 1500’s, but they were mated to 350’s. Could I just use this to adapt the more common transmission to the 3.4 Also what else will I need? link possibly In second post.

·
Been there Done it
8,447 Posts
Sounds like it could do what you want.
Give it a try and let us know how it works out. Finding 60° 700R4's is becoming difficult.
You could simply have yours rebuilt and apply that money towards the bill.
The reviews on Speedway of the adapter looked promising.
Just be sure you get the TV cable adjusted correctly.
It's the nervous system of the 700R4, not just a downshift cable like earlier transmissions had.
Proper adjustment is critical.
There are also Youtube vids showing how.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fantastic, I do appreciate the response. I will give it a shot, if for no other reason than to let everyone else know if it works, I have had to do a bit of out of the box modifications to get this trick working right. I found out a 150a c10 alternator will bolt into the factory spot without any issue, and still uses the V belt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts