S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 475 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
this is my project bought it for couple hundred bucks from the paper im 16 hopin to fix it up..tell me what chu think...

Attachments

·
forklift mechanic
138 Posts
daym. That thing is going to look like swiss cheese when your taking the rust out of it...

·
Function Over Form
226 Posts
Looks awesome man, I'm a youngin too, 17, and I think it's awesome to find some in less then good condition and fix it up. Heck I bought a rusty plow and hydraulic pump for 20 bucks outta a pile of snow in a guys yard. People kept tellin me just go buy one blah blah. I finally got it all done, and it works liek a champ and looks good, and ya know what Knowing you did it yourself makes a feel good. Good luck on your project, keep the pics coming. With the rust I'd recommend getting a new bed and fenders proboly. You have a welder? other holes you'll just hafta take your time and weld in new panels.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
well you can take a look at my project. I paid $200 for mine and it is in better shape then that one. I think you over paid for that. You are going to have to get all new panels and bed unless you can weld and have plenty of sheet metal.

·
PPG sprayin' member
3,746 Posts
The only think that even looks salvageable is the hood. Stick with it and go to alot of junk yard and get some panels that are in good shape then take it from there, I am building a POS to and it's coming along great click HERE for some pics of encouragement.

·
Sprint Car Addict.
10,225 Posts
i payed $150 for mine thinkin it needed a clutch :D needs a whole new bed bc it sat and someone ran into it. :haha:

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
downtoearth said:
The only think that even looks salvageable is the hood. Stick with it and go to alot of junk yard and get some panels that are in good shape then take it from there, I am building a POS to and it's coming along great click HERE for some pics of encouragement.
the bumper has been re-chromed by the looks of it not a spec of rust and the pass. door is good.

·
I just cummed.
18,276 Posts
It doesn't look too bad. Just find some new fenders.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
hey man looks like a ok start just if you going to do something take you time and thank it out dont chang thangs 20 times thank of want you want and build it the 1st time trust me it will save cash and help you keep your name clean on here

·
no more S10
17,421 Posts
ouch man. that poor truck has seen better days. only part that looks worth saving is the poor rear bumper.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
started to take her apart...fenders-garbage...rad cradle-garbage...innner wheel wells-garbage....hood-DENTED....front valence-cracked.....front bumber-GOOD....

Attachments

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
i plan on redoing the frame, shaving body line, gas door, door handles, tail lights, tailgate, antenna, caddy tails, 91-92 front grill, bucket seats, bags?...got the box off today.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 475 Posts