S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I Love Billet
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched high and low looking for some detailed pictures of the stock 2.8L vacuum diagram for my truck. The one on the radiator support is too generic and doesn't show everything on my truck. Can someone please help me? Possibly take some pictures of their bone stock setup?

Here are the pictures of mine right now (I know it's totally wrong because half the vacuum lines had sticks in them when I bought the truck so I guessed where they went when I replaced some of the lines).

This runs from the charcoal canister mounted on the core support just below and to the left of the driver's side headlight. It's hard plastic.

Vacuum ball is mounted to the driver's inner fender but isn't hooked up to anything where does it go to?

Please help me anyone? The online generic diagrams for my truck just aren't helping at all...

·
I Love Billet
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
These are just 2 pictures that are absolutely obvious. I'm almost positive the entire vacuum system is screwed up; including the vacuum lines behind and under the air cleaner...

·
Registered
631 Posts
Go to auto zone's site and register,they have vacuum diagrams for s10's.

·
i saw what you did there!
3,573 Posts
theres only a few vacuum lines on these trucks
not complicated at all

if you look by each vacum port on the TB unit you will see a cast letter

J is for EGR vacuum solenoid and really is not a big deal to have connect at all

C is PCV valve

A is to charcoal canister

S is to air cleaner solenoid motor if so equipped

and F which is the only one on the rear of the unit is for the MAP sensor

but you can use any intake manifold source for the MAP sensor

the hose to the ball will have a TEE in it and share with items such as heater control panel and such

that hose runs through the firewall on pass side by heater box and into the cab of the truck into the dash

small black line

you need it connected to intake manifold source so the dash panel will change your heater positions such as defrost, vent, floor, etc

required is the MAp sensor

or it wont run or run very good

F and C are the required ones in order to run or run correctly.

all the rest are optional

this may help:

hose sizes:

Map Sensor- 1/4"
EGR Solenoid- 3/16"
EGR Valve- 3/16"
PCV- 3/8"
Canister Top- 1/4"
Canister Bottom- 5/16"
-Y Connector- 5/16" Main, Split to 3/16" Secondary
-Canister Bottom Y (Small Hose)- 3/16"
-Canister Bottom Y (Large Hose)- 5/16"
Brake Booster- 3/8"

·
I Love Billet
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!!! That helped alot!!! Now I just need to go buy some new hoses and hook it all up. How much of each do you think I'll need to redo it all?

·
I Love Billet
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, is the blend door hose a hard plastic one as well or is it soft rubber? Does it run into the firewall behind the motor or over to the driver or passenger side of it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts