S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 88 s10 blazer (Tahoe although I don't think that matters) I've had it for about 6 months and have driven it about 5k miles, and the day after I put a new head unit and rear speakers in I was driving it and it just quit running. Later I found out the ecm b/ fuel pump fuse is blown, it still cranks and all the electronics still work but I've gone through about 10 of the fuses cause they blow immediately with the key not even in the ignition, I dropped the gas tank and found a wire from the top of the fuel pump housing that grounds to the frame rail behind the bumper that was broken so I soldered that up but it still hasn't fixed the issue. I've pulled all relays on the drivers side fender to see if that would allow me to put a fuse in and test the voltage at the fuel pump but none of those worked. I'm completely lost on where to go from here any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Administrator
22,318 Posts
Moved to Sound/Security....since your problems started after the install.

I'd disconnect everything you installed and start from scratch, checking the fuses after each connection.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd disconnect everything you installed and start from scratch, checking the fuses after each connection.
just pulled the radio and still wont start, the rear speakers are hardwired in with no easy way to disconnect them (not made easier by it being 28 outside, cold is new to me) any other ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts