S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 416 Posts

·
Float like a butterfly
20,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its time i repaired the body damage on the beater,i picked up a parts truck to get my hands on somewhat straight body panels. if you remember the beater was wrecked last winter while on a parts run for the fullsize. heres what it looks like currently.

now heres the parts truck i picked up for $50,its pretty much junk. 2.5 4-spd has a blown head gasket and supposedly had a loud clunk in the drivetrain when being driven.

i soaked all the bolts for the fenders in PB blaster tonight so tommorrow i will start removing the fenders and core support.

·
white wall member
1,655 Posts
wow $50.00 bux thats cool wish i had a beater to have fun with / not care so much about

·
Float like a butterfly
20,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow $50.00 bux thats cool wish i had a beater to have fun with / not care so much about
my friends and i have a circle track for our quads and whatnot,well we had three guys buy only a mule and my quad,so i jumped in the beater and we all raced on the track. surprisingly my truck is faster in a circle in grass than an 07 mule,lol

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
damn both those trucks are beat to hell and destroyed! :haha:

but no the vent thing before 90 isnt correct. only the base base base model trucks didnt have the dash vents. Hell my old 89 and 91 both had them, and the new 89 has defroster vents, dash vents, side window vents, a vent pointing at your crotch, and floor vents.

·
Float like a butterfly
20,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
damn both those trucks are beat to hell and destroyed! :haha:

but no the vent thing before 90 isnt correct. only the base base base model trucks didnt have the dash vents. Hell my old 89 and 91 both had them, and the new 89 has defroster vents, dash vents, side window vents, a vent pointing at your crotch, and floor vents.
ic,the only base model i've seen with vents was a 91 i had for parts last year.

ok, which one is the parts truck again?
the blue/red one without the bed,lol

·
Rubber Cooker: Revisited
859 Posts
poor set of irocs wasted on POS like that, sad.

·
Float like a butterfly
20,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
damn.. replacing dented rusted parts with a little less dented rusted parts.. i think i would have opted to spend a little more and got a nicer parts truck so its worth your time.
i'm not going for show quality and the beater isn't worth the money it would take to buy rust free panels. it has atleast three bad cab/bed mounts and i just repaired the huge hole in the frame that broke open when i hit the pole. your input is appreciated though :D

·
Rubber Cooker: Revisited
859 Posts
those aren't IROCs they are Z28 wheels,i would rather have this truck than an 84 with a POS 2.0
a 2.5 isn't any better and it uses more gas and makes your truck heavier not to mention all that computer crap adding even more weight.

Hell the parts truck looks a whole lot better.

the guy who sold it is an idiot. He could have gotten $125 in scrap for that.

·
Float like a butterfly
20,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
a 2.5 isn't any better and it uses more gas and makes your truck heavier not to mention all that computer crap adding even more weight.

Hell the parts truck looks a whole lot better.

the guy who sold it is an idiot. He could have gotten $125 in scrap for that.
ha,my s-10 weighs 2700lbs with a full tank of gas and me in it and it ran an 11 sec. pass on the local 1/8th mile course. the guy who sold it is a friend and its not technically his. it was his sons truck,his son owed him some money so he was told to sell the truck and put the money towards the money owed.

1 - 20 of 416 Posts