S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I need some help. Ive been racking my brain for 4 days on this one. My ride is a 1988 S-10 Blazer 4.3L Auto w/4X4. The only mod is a glass pack.

My wife started the truck and drove about 500 yards. The truck started running like crap. Backfiring, loss of power,hesitating, give it WOT and it wants to die, hard to start,wont idle worth @#%!, and a check engine light. Scanned for codes. 13. O2 sensor. Replaced the O2 and still really hard to start (pedal to the floor) no codes in the system now. Got it to idle. idled between 1K-1.5K. Took vacuum off of EGR and idle smoothed out. Seemed OK till you just give it gas quick. then it would start to stumble again. Give it smooth gas and no problems. Well now its almost impossible to get the truck running again. I was going to replace the EGR but checked it on the truck and it moves freely and will hold a vacuum. I'm starting to think a new MAP, TPS and maybe for good measure a EGR solinoid. Any ideas?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sounds like the timing may have skipped. I would definitly check the plugs though.

Rob
89 S10 4.3L 4x4

·
Clean N' Dark
1,921 Posts
That or the EGR sucked in a big chunk of carbon.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
On my old 88 4.3, I had the same problem and it ended up being the ignition coil and wires, they maybe getting damp and causing your misfire.just my .02

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well RobbyD is the winner!!!! The ride has jumped time. thanks for all your help. On the plus side I got my wife a 04 caviler Z24 orange as a replacement. Sticking with the bowtie for her. Thanks again for all of your input.!!!!
Have a GREAT HOLIDAY SEASON!!!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts