S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea what is happening.
When driving the truck on the freeway it kicks in and out of overdrive, when doing 60mph. or any speed.
How do you tell if the front wheels are engauged?
When climing under the truck I noticed that there is a wire-plug like thing hanging down by the trans, what does this go to and should it be hooked up.
This thing moves like a slug.
I have been told to check the gas filter or it could be the cat converter being pluged.
Could that cause no low power?

Any help would be great
Thanks
Adam

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
trans wire

The wire is a femal connector and rubber boot thing, it is located on the drv side. brown wire.

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
the 700 lock up control have a 4 pin terminal w/ either 2 or 3 pins in it and is on the pass side . doesnt sound like that the problem but when the seloniod goes bad you will usually get the symptom you are getting . have you found any obvious that the female conector could plug in to and if so where is it located.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wire?

Have not found where the wire goes.
Some guys at work told me to check my vaccum to see
if my cat is plugged.
I did a vaccum check and it sits steady at 16 then when
rev to 2500 rpm and let it go it goes to20-25 then back to
Can you tell me what this means?
Thanks
Adam

·
Registered
25 Posts
i tied the link and got nothing . if it is a 700 it should have a wire loom w/ 3-4 wires , 4 starting in 87' . this would control the lock-up and and get ttempreture data from the tranny . there shouldnt be a single wire by itself in that location unless some one has goofed w/ it before you got youre hands on it . if it is a 350 or 400 there is only one wire and that controls the lock-up / passing gear depending on the year.

·
Registered
25 Posts
that wire shouldnt have anything to do w/ the drivability as far as i know . i think we have a s-10 coming in the garage tomorrow. ill take a look and check the books for you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, that would be great :)

Just got the dash lights working, the ground was hooked up to the dash where there was no metal.

Thanks again

1 - 15 of 15 Posts