S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 308 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I formerly had an 87 single cab short box, which i scrapped. I then bought the 92 ext cab which i am building from the frame up. Story is, i need a vehicle asap and found a blazer with a decent body for cheap so i'll be getting that ready for safety and then worrying about cosmetics later. I still plan to finish my truck but wouldn't be surprised if i gave up on the pickup.

The blazer was stock a 2.8 auto, but the old owner put a 2.5L 5spd in it. The motor doesnt run due to no spark, but he has replaced the coil, control module and computer so my friend thinks its the cam. i'm just going to put my 4.3L 5spd in if we cannot get the 2.5L running.

Here are the pic of it from the ad, I will be picking it up this weekend and will obviously post more pics. (i looked at it tonight)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm gunna put the blazer in the shop, get it on the road, then stick the pickup in there over winter. should work out.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
picked it up thursday.

Day One: Friday Night

goodbye hacked wiring

parts pile

can i flip me leaf perch for drop? i know ranger owners do it all the time

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Day 2: Saturday (more to come)
motor ready to come out

parts pile grows

driver's floor..

passanger floor

doing both floor pans and front cab supports (steel), along with fresh rubber rad support mounts (rubber)

·
Well, you're crazy.....
628 Posts
Man, you can't catch a break with floors can you......Why are taking out the engine?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont feel like ****ing with wiring. i knew the floors were bad but the rockers and fenders/quarters were almost perfect so i said **** it.

·
Well, you're crazy.....
628 Posts
What engine ya puttin back in? 2.8 or....

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i have a 4.3 5spd out of my pickup that will be going into the blazer. i installed a new pilot pushing and bolted up the tranny today.

Day 2 Part 2: finished cutting exhaust, wiring, etc in prep to pull the motor

Day 3:
pulled the motor/tranny out

then swapped over the bottom motor mounts, bent all new front brake lines, and cleaned a bunch of loose rust off. i'm going to have to replace something in the tierod assembly, i think an inner tierod, because it's sloppy as shit. i have about 3 of everything so hopefully i don't need to buy anything expensive to get it on the road. buying motor mounts and a clutch cylinder, then motor goes in. also need to buy a rear lock cylinder for the tailgate, as mine is smashed. still opens though!

i'm hoping to have this done at the end of next weekend. ONTARIANS, WHAT INSURANCE COMPANY DO YOU USE AND HOW MUCH IS IT? i'm 16 with drivertraining and a G2, 87 blazer

·
Bold as Love
1,869 Posts
Old computer cases make great floor pan patches. Their galvanized and powder coated. Their just thick enough to bash into shape, but not thin enough to "tin can". $2 of self tapping hex head sheetmetal screws. No more wet carpet or road noise. Just be sure to rattle can the visible metal underneath black.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i'll be using my floor pans lol, but thats a good idea for splash guards.

·
Bold as Love
1,869 Posts
Their good for lots of things. My friend gave me a couple because he worked for the Board of Education as a Computer Tech. I made the entire passenger side floor pan for a Nissan truck out of one. It was thicker gauge steel than the OEM.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
finances are taken care of, found insurance for 2800/yr (230/mo), so my mom is lending me the money to finish it so she doesn't need to pay 450/mo on the car i'm currently driving. i expect the truck to be finished in 1-2 weeks. i picked up a rollpan tonight for either the blazer or the s-trailer.

·
4x4muddevil
356 Posts
finances are taken care of, found insurance for 2800/yr (230/mo), so my mom is lending me the money to finish it so she doesn't need to pay 450/mo on the car i'm currently driving. i expect the truck to be finished in 1-2 weeks. i picked up a rollpan tonight for either the blazer or the s-trailer.
dude that is crazy for insurance. i pay $79 a month for 2 trucks. multi car discount/millitary discount.. either way w/o discounts itd be $112

1 - 20 of 308 Posts