S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All!
I need to replace the fuel filter on my beater 87 blazer and i can not figure out how to get to it! i have found it and its located behind and below the power steering pump on the drivers side. It dont look like there is any room to get to either end of it.
So can one of you nice guys tell me the secret to replacing it?

On my nice 89 it was located on the frame and was a breeze to change.

Any Ideals will be appreciated!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks for all the replys.. yeah right!

I will just go ahead and pull the power steering pump to change the fuel filter, nice!
Thanks for all the help everyone,

and new guys, dont count on anyone giving you a reply for any help you might need. unless you have a long time to wait for it..

maybe im just a little pissie but i thought this board worked better than it has for me anyway..
but there is always other ones too.. right?

:booty: :whogives: :monkey:

·
life begins @ 20 psi
672 Posts
Wow, I can't believe that nobody stepped up to the plate and gave some tips on how to do this :confused: . I saw the post but, haven't seen my 2.8 in a few weeks because I have been getting around in a company truck. Didn't want to post anything without getting to see what it was I had to do when I replaced it. What good is information if it's inaccurate?

Anywho I'm sure that it's too little too late but, here goes: First off, you will have to remove the rubber line that connects to the bottom of the fuel filter. On my 2.8 there are two hose clamps :confused: ? Watch out as gas WILL pour out of the filter once you remove the line-no smoking please... After you do that, there is a small bolt on the side of the clamp/bracket that holds the filter in place. Loosen it and you should be able to move the filter up, down and twist slightly in the clamp/bracket. Slide and twist the filter so that the "nut" on the filter is mated up with the corresponding "hex" cut into the clamp/bracket that holds the filter in place. Now, the fun begins. Get on the fitting that screws into the filter with a flare wrench or use a open end wrench with caution. Depending on how cramped your space to work is, you may even want to consider using a stubby wrench. The fitting can be VERY TIGHT! It may make your attempts easier if you spray the fitting with a good penetrating oil like "Blaster" and let it sit for 15 minutes first. After to get that bugger off, smear a little grease on the threads of the new filter so it will be easier removing it the next time :D . If you have a lot of free time with nothing to do, cut open your old fuel filter with a pipe cutter just to see how nasty it really is in there. Besides, it may make you feel really happy about all the work you just did. HTH someone...

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts