S-10 Forum banner

86 GMC Jimmy

2K views 34 replies 5 participants last post by  SCJimmy 
#1 ·
86 2.8 tbi, running problem stalls on takeoff! Has been replaced: fuel pump, filter, rebuilt regulator whole new distributor new plugs gaped, new wires new timing chain new vacuum hoses. Hasn’t been replaced ,fuel injectors, ecm what else could it possibly be need help please TIA

#27 · (Edited)
If the lean condition is false (because the o2 sensor is bad) the ecm will do start pouring in more fuel and will cause a over rich condition.
most auto parts stores will loan out a fuel pressure test set. newer vehicles have a test port but you will need to connect it inline on the fuel return line ( not the one with the fuel filter)

#33 ·
ok so I just looked it up in the gm service manual. they say anything between 9 and 13 is ok.
You can also kinda sorta quick and dirty attempt to boost fuel pressure by crimping (softly) the fuel return line. this will give you the max the pump can put out. just dont leave it like that because its VERY bad for the pump. The circulating fuel helps keep it cool.
Yep Headers is what melted mine too. I went to the extreme of using steel brake line to move the sensors over to the drivers wheel well.

#35 ·
did I say that? oops. well to be honest on mine that's where I measure as I have a external fuel pressure regulator, anyway. measure it between the pump and the tbi. you either will need to spice a t fitting inline or use an adapter fitting. Hopefully the kit you get from the parts store will come with the correct adapter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.