S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good morning and happy New year I have a question for the new year I want to replace my exhaust on my 86 S10 I wanted to know which aftermarket exhaust would be best? I am doing the from to the headers to a glass pack or a cherry bomb and then straight tubes out the back I am not running a cat in the system.

·
Registered
2004 Avalanche. 2001 V6 Extended Cab ZQ8.
1,343 Posts
I always recommend getting a shop to build you a system based on your truck. Which engine do you have in it? If the engine is stock you will not see any power gains from true dual exhaust, nor will you see any sound changes really to speak of. I like the look of dual rear pipes, so i would suggest a single in dual out muffler that will compliment the engine, and also give the looks of the dual. With true duals you also run into the problem of the transmission crossmember that is not relieved on the driver's side to allow for the pipes to pass under it. Or if you are a 4wd you will have a driveline where you want pipes to be. Either way I recommend a good single in dual out muff and have a shop custom build the tail pipes fit to your exact truck. Oh and this doesn't cost any more than a kit does.

41,775 Posts
A true dual exhaust system on a v6 will sound pretty different. lol May not see performance gains but it'll certainly sound different. Also, glass packs have their place and it's not on a 2.8 V6 imo. It'll sound like raspy butt.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
29,545 Posts
A true dual exhaust system on a v6 will sound pretty different. lol May not see performance gains but it'll certainly sound different. Also, glass packs have their place and it's not on a 2.8 V6 imo. It'll sound like raspy butt.
I'm sure an X or H pipe would help with the sound and scavenging.

Reactions: Mostizzle
1 - 4 of 4 Posts