S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Falls on face when trying to accelerate , things replaced fuel pump fuel filter all vac lines tbi diaphragm plugs wires cap and button

·
B4U Task Force Admin
24,296 Posts
Does it still have the pancake cat on it? Probably due for a new style cat if it still has the original.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
24,296 Posts
Mid 80's vehicles were loaded with a lot of emission equipment that depended on each other to perform correctly.

That aside, an '86 probably has a lot of miles on it. Chances are good that the timing chain has stretched a considerable amount.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It runs good in park revs good no miss all is well but in drive falls on face when trying to accelerate

·
Boozebag
9,265 Posts
Figures. I tried to back that out ^^^ and add more info. I saw it was already done in the first post.

86 = First year TBI (IIRC)

A few suggestions:
Low fuel pressure (?)
Weak fuel pump (?)
Plugged fuel pump in-tank sock filter (?)

Check to see that both injectors are firing.
If only one is, the truck will idle and low RPM ok, anything more than that will fail.

·
Awww..you ain't got shit!
3,383 Posts
Put an inexpensive fuel pressure gauge in the line under the hood. Take the metal line off, cut it, deburr it and install it with some quality fuel hose. I'd double clamp it on either side for good measure. Mine is like that and never had a problem. It's cheap and easy and then you can see at a glance what's up. I bet you anything it's a weak pump. I had 2001 S-10 that acted just like that.

Did this start all at once or get to this point over a period of time?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts