S-10 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1985 GMC S15 High Sierra 2WD 2.8L
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an 85 S15. Installed a head unit and speakers several months ago and they’ve been working fine until about a week ago. Seems to be a bad ground. Speakers are weak and sometimes buzzy and headunit dims in and out with the music. I’ve checked the ground next to parking break release but I didn’t know if there’s another ground I should be checking? Or something else common possibly? Wipers tend to go on by themselves too every once in a while not sure if it’s related?

·
Registered
1985 GMC S15 High Sierra 2WD 2.8L
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got an 85 S15. Installed a head unit and speakers several months ago and they’ve been working fine until about a week ago. Seems to be a bad ground. Speakers are weak and sometimes buzzy and headunit dims in and out with the music. I’ve checked the ground next to parking break release but I didn’t know if there’s another ground I should be checking? Or something else common possibly? Wipers tend to go on by themselves too every once in a while not sure if it’s related?
Found out the issue. Speaker grille mounting nuts were broken, so the little metal bracket was not grounding the speaker to the body of the car.Now I don’t know where to find new speaker grilles for an 85 lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts