S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a 91 jimmy to replace my 85 s15 there both 4x4s the jimmy has the big 4.3l over the rebuilt 2.8l in my truck the jimmy has 210k kilometers on it.

and was thinking my truck needs a few little things ive got a stack of reseets here for parts and am thinking do I fix these little things or let someone else fix them now this jimmy is auto over my standard.

I guess my real question is do you guys think I should sell the pickup and buy the jimmy or not I am leaning towards the jimmy just unsure of fuel injection problems cuz i hear they can get pricey it runs like a top though.

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
If it's a CPI then yes, the fuel injection spider is pricey to replace, but you can get rebuild kits for it now, save some money then. But 1991 was still just TBI, so no real big deal there. The TBI 4.3 motors are usually pretty trouble free.
Side note:
Your mileage will go down a bit compared to where you are with the 2.8/5 speed now.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya its tbi and now i know its not the electric controlled tranny it has a kickdown cable on it

uh pictures give me about 10 minutes i have one just gotta upload it onto photo bucket then post it

and I already told the guy im buying it so iza done

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
What's the big deal if it was? The 4l60e came out in the S-Series in 1992 models. If I remember right, it was an M30 RPO.
The only real difference in 4l60/4l60e is the electronics..........

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here she is has a littler surface rust but for that im gonna take it down to the metal then put bedliner stuff that I think duplicolor makes it has kevlar in it and it can be painted over it wont rust so i'll just use tremclad paint on it so if i ever get rock chips on it all i need to do is spray it on in that spot it gonna be from the trim down on both sides so it wont matter if its off from the regular paint abit

http://s833.photobucket.com/albums/zz260/85-S15-4x4/?action=view&current=Picture03.jpg

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya i know i dont want the electronics though to much stuff to go wrong im good with mechanical stuff but electrical i have a basic idea of how to do things like lights im good at stereos but beyond your basic wireing problems im sol

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ohya he asked when id pick it up i said prob the 1st of november so just over a week he said sure but how did you just post that pic like that?

next im going to get this new paint so you can paint chrome black but it still looks like chrome ive got 5 spoke mags that are factory smoked to go on and black uh wheel flairs off my parts truck

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
funny how we both have lifted 2.8l early first gens and 91 4.3l's

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol i dont think my dad will mind he sold the truck 18 years ago

1 - 12 of 12 Posts