S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im Sure it's been asked and answered but the thread is miles long and my a.d.d is killer

So I got a set of 4 17x10.5 measured outside to outside wheels with the 54mm offset,

I'm pretty sure I can make it work in the rear with 2.5 inch spaces

But what about the front? Also it's dropped 5 inchs 3 with springs 2 with spindles

Any help is appreciated 馃檹

Been there Done it
You'll need 2.5" in front also. At least on a stock truck that works with 54mm offset wheels. How the 5" drop enters in I'm not sure. I'd think they'll be hitting a lot of things.

Registered
I just put 15x7 +0 on my 87 s15 stock height with 235/75/15s and i rub at full lock hard on the front sway bar (front contact point) and the front wheel well housing at the firewall side of the wheel well (rear contact point).

i was able to hammer the fender wells and now driver side clears mostly but passenger side still rubs. Sway bar rub I can鈥檛 do anything aboutother than avoid full lock turning.

not sure how you鈥檒l clear 10.5s in the front but def post pics. Would love to see it

What kind of tire are you running?

Been there Done it
0 offset is a completely different animal. The tire is 2-1/8" (2.12598") farther inboard with a 54mm offset. Wheels will likely hit tie rod ends preventing even getting them bolted on w/o spacers. If it's 2wd and not a late Blazer you'll have to settle for non hub-centric spacers. Bolt centric is fine.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The old tire on the wheels were a 275 40 17 so probably gonna do the same
I just put 15x7 +0 on my 87 s15 stock height with 235/75/15s and i rub at full lock hard on the front sway bar (front contact point) and the front wheel well housing at the firewall side of the wheel well (rear contact point).

i was able to hammer the fender wells and now driver side clears mostly but passenger side still rubs. Sway bar rub I can鈥檛 do anything aboutother than avoid full lock turning.

not sure how you鈥檒l clear 10.5s in the front but def post pics. Would love to see it

What kind of tire are you running?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
0 offset is a completely different animal. The tire is 2-1/8" (2.12598") farther inboard with a 54mm offset. Wheels will likely hit tie rod ends preventing even getting them bolted on w/o spacers. If it's 2wd and not a late Blazer you'll have to settle for non hub-centric spacers. Bolt centric is fine.
When I test fitted it smacked the tierod didn't even get close to bolting up, probably gonna flip the tierods

Registered
It鈥檚 all relative bro. not to mention it鈥檚 almost the exact same animal between his set up and mine on the outside of the wheel.

without a spacer all that added rim and tire is going toward the inside. If I already rub,as op mentioned, he won鈥檛 even be able to bolt up.

if you do add a spacer I doubt you鈥檒l be able to fit without cutting the fenders up.
Rectangle Parallel Font Diagram Slope

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If it's just the inner fender lining I can take that out no worries but the frame is what worries me, I did get them from a junk yard for stupid cheap, so worst come to worst ill clean them up and sell them but I'll definitely need some for the rear because I'm doing a v8 swap here soon

Been there Done it
When I test fitted it smacked the tie rod didn't even get close to bolting up, probably gonna flip the tie rods
Not sure I understand the comment about flipping tie rods. Are you talking about flipping them over in place? I doubt that'll work for long since the fit is tapered and they only go in one way. Flipping side to side won't do anything since both are the same.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not sure I understand the comment about flipping tie rods. Are you talking about flipping them over in place? I doubt that'll work for long since the fit is tapered and they only go in one way. Flipping side to side won't do anything since both are the same.
Redrill them and filp them to the top, that way their center of the and clear

But none of this matter if the wheel slaps the frame

1 - 11 of 11 Posts