S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so after some research i plan on doin an old school body drop on my 85 s-10 with a 1.9 L engine. I was plannin on maybe a 3 inch body drop. What small problems am I goin to run into when doin an old school body drop with 3 inches on the truck. Gas pedals, steering wheel, etc.....Thanks guys....just wanted a heads up on what to expect

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
lol the same problems you would run into with any 1st gen, it doesnt matter how "old school" it is. Why 3"??? if you go another 1/2" you lay rocker instead of pinch mold. Is it a stick or an auto? with the stick you run into problems with the master cylinder and depending on what size wheel/tire combo you will have to tub the firewall and relocate the fuse thing, also if you have power brakes, and the gas pedal will have to be raised a bit......

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
by old school body drop i mean just cuttin the floor and dropping the cab and welding it back up with filler plates on the sides. It is a manual transmission. So the master cylinder is gonna have to be relocated as well as some pedal adjustments??? anything else???????

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
only pedal you have to section is the gas pedal. Dont need to touch the steering. I notched my control arm to clear the master cylinder. what size tires you have? you might need to tub the firewall, heat has to go also if youwant to keep it simple.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got 225/40/18 tires......i have to get rid of the heat if i wanna make it easy??? damn thats a bummer? umm...thats about it though on small little things....thanks guys!!!

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
you can technicly keep the heat but have to get rid of the blower motor.... I'm getting a 12v heater to put in.

·
DTC built
1,300 Posts
any more info on the heater unit? Sucks not driving in the winter.
later

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
who said you couldnt drive during the winter?? I have a good jacket and gloves, lol.....

·
Ol' Skool Member
395 Posts
Ya where can you get the 12v heater unit?

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Just go get a 12 volt fan from radio shack. O yea I drive in the winter with no heat, no a/c, and no defrost. Its a bitch but atleast I still freeze in style.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Yeah I usually have to crack my window to "defrost" my windows, lol it sucks right now, but by the time I get the $$ for the heater it will be summer again...

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
North Carolina winter whether gettin to u too huh. I am not going to put the heat back in. Fock it!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts