S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at an '85 2.8 Blazer with 113,000 miles that may need some serious help. It idles poorly but runs great on the street. I took the top off the breather to flip it back over, the PO had flipped it bottom side up :rolleyes: and the filter was drenched in gas. I fired the truck up and there also seems to be a lot of blowby coming from the hose between the valve cover and the breather. Is this normal? I really like this truck but having only worked on fuel injected trucks before I know nothing about carbs.

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
It sounds like you might have some vavle timing issues causing gas to be blown back thru the carb. or it could be carb problems.

Blowby is not good if there is alot. I would think about maybe replacing or rebuilding the motor. A nice small block would be nice in there.

oh and flippin the cover over helps out with getting air into the engine a little better since the stock housing is restrictive.

The valve timing issues could be causing all of your problems tho. I would check that out 1st if ya can.

·
Registered
99 Posts
just as as side note...and 2.8 in my opinion with over 100,000 miles should go ahead and be rebuilt cause its all downhill from there!! i got mine with 166,000 and it leaked oil like crazy..rebuilt it at 176,000 cause of a cracked flywheel. anyway, if there is a decent reason to rebuild (or replace), id go ahead and do it. oh my carburetor was **** too, i ended up gettin a new one of those cause it was just plain wore out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts