S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to take the block and heads from a Carb'ed 84 S10 4X4 and swap it into a FI 88 S15. I am having one heck of a time with my vehicles, I had to use the funds for a engine rebuild on my 2.8 to rebuild my 4L60E in my 96 Impala. Please help with any info I may need to know. Thanks folks.

·
2nd place is the1st loser
238 Posts
Does the 88 already have a 4.3 in it.Or is it a 2.8.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
i wouldn't recomend this swap man it may save a few bucks up front but there is a ton of small shit to take into consideration
the cam needs to be swaped over (im pretty sure that there set-up different) you'll have the ton of extra wires hanging around under your hood .........

but to answer your question as long as your using the same type (2.8-to-2.8 and a 4.3-to-4.3 swap) the blocks remained the same until what 1989? im pretty sure that was the new model engines

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they are both 2.8 V6, my main concern is swaping the fuel injected intake and injectors onto the block as the 4x4 was/is carburated.
As luck would have it the fuel pump on the imp. went out tonight and was towed home. Guess it's going to be another two weeks before I can get to the S15.

Thank you all for the replies and I'll have her running soon.

·
Registered
368 Posts
ok, i took the 2.8 motor out of my brothers 85 carbed 4x4 and put it in my 87 TBI, and 40,000 miles later, its still truckin.

I didnt change the cam. The only thing i swapped over was the intake, TBI unit, valve covers, , timing cover, and the oil pan. It works perfect with the computer and all electronics, and my truck is definately faster than my dads 86 2.8TBI blazer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.