S-10 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 84 2.8 and it has been rebuilt and it runs great but when i take it on a road trip any where it will put me on the side of the road. some of the problems im having is very bad gas and it will run great and i will here just a loud boom and it will cut off that is what happend last time i drove it. everything on the truck is basically brand new under the hood anyways. i just cant keep it running for long does anyone have any ideas ?? thanks

·
Resident Jackass
1,966 Posts
84S-10 said:
i have an 84 2.8 and it has been rebuilt and it runs great but when i take it on a road trip any where it will put me on the side of the road. some of the problems im having is very bad gas and it will run great and i will here just a loud boom and it will cut off that is what happend last time i drove it. everything on the truck is basically brand new under the hood anyways. i just cant keep it running for long does anyone have any ideas ?? thanks
Coil heating up and failing? I had an Olds that would do that, and it turned out to be the coil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts