S-10 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

83 5.3 Twin Turbo build

10K views 51 replies 9 participants last post by  bk2life 
#1 ·
This thread is about my super drawn out S10 build. Started about 10 years ago, give or take. I had to do some digging to find some old pictures from when it all started. It will take me a bit, but I will get you all caught up to the present.
Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle

I literally bought my 83 out of a field for $600. It had a straight body and a small tree growing out of the bed lol. This is the day I bough it after cleaning it up

See less See more
#3 ·
I will apologize, a lot of these first images are really crappy. Phone cameras weren’t that great 10 years go
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

I’m not an expert with paint/body/engines but I’m also a control freak and refuse to let anyone work on my cars but me haha. Here’s where I did my own body work to the truck

#13 ·
Believe it or not, I still haven’t fired it up. It still turns freely when you put a wrench on the crank though. I plan on going through it either way so I’m prepared for the worst. As far as my paint job, I’d give it about a 6 out of 10 haha. It’s got some trash in it but I think I put enough clear that I’ll be able to wet sand it out.

#25 ·
This is what it looked like when I finally got her out of storage a few months back. 6 years of dust, rodents made their way into the truck at some point. Had to gut the interior (again) and start over. Also gutted all the wiring and started over. Partly because of potential problems from mice and partly because I couldn’t remember exactly where I was with it.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Cloud

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.