S-10 Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1983 S10 2wd Shortbed. Twin turbo 5.3L L33 swapped
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Let me tell you, the steering has been one of the biggest PITA of this project. Nothing factory fit at all. I had to modify and shorten the steering box, order a 2” shorter steering column to be able to clear the manifold coming out of the firewall, custom brackets to position it. Three swivel joints and a heim joint and don’t get me started on trying to find a pitman arm. I went through five of those.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Engineering Machine
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Auto part Gas Automotive lighting
Motor vehicle Car Automotive air manifold Vehicle Auto part

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I also have the stock sized drilled/slotted rotors (pictured above) that I never used if anyone needs them.

·
time to get cereal
5,654 Posts
Do those hubs have the correct lug studs? Last time I checked, they didn't have metric studs.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Random under hood wiring shots. Was wiring up the radiator fans, trans cooler fan and adding a daytime running light circuit.
Hand Light Finger Gesture Gas
Gesture Thumb Gadget Cable Engineering
Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Grille
Tire Car Motor vehicle Hood Vehicle

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Still have a lot to do. I got a new welder and I’m teaching myself to tig so I can wrap up all the piping. I’ve only ever mig welded. Also need to put a rear end together, it’s totally stock back there for now. Was thinking 9” but open to suggestions. This is just a street cruiser truck/demo truck for the shop so I don’t need to go crazy, but I don’t want it to break with spirited driving. It’ll also have bags. A bunch of other random stuff to do like brake master cylinder, catch can, line lock, boost controller, heater etc etc etc lol. And of course one crazy one off interior.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts