S-10 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1983 S10 2wd Shortbed. Twin turbo 5.3L L33 swapped
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Have you considered using remote coils? It doesn't look like you are going to be able to get the wires in without hitting the exhaust with the coils on the valve covers.
Yeah, I’ve thought about doing that. It’s not quite as close as it looks in the pic. The wires do fit, and I’ve got heat shield tubing around them. That being said, I’m still considering moving them.

·
Registered
2004 Avalanche. 2001 V6 Extended Cab ZQ8.
1,339 Posts
I have seen a few turbo builds on various vehicles where the coils are on the firewall, or inner fenders. A couple were even hidden completely.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I have seen a few turbo builds on various vehicles where the coils are on the firewall, or inner fenders. A couple were even hidden completely.
Good idea, if I were to do it, I’d hide them completely

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
After getting to this point, the truck sat....for six years. Started a business and then got married and started a family. Truck took a backseat to all of that.
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Hood
Car Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
This is what it looked like when I finally got her out of storage a few months back. 6 years of dust, rodents made their way into the truck at some point. Had to gut the interior (again) and start over. Also gutted all the wiring and started over. Partly because of potential problems from mice and partly because I couldn’t remember exactly where I was with it.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Cloud

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
This is what six years of dust does to uncovered paint. Keep in mind the truck hadn’t been washed the entire time since I painted it. I did a quick wet sand and buff to see what was underneath.
Brown Automotive lighting Hood Amber Orange
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting
Car Vehicle Land vehicle Automotive parking light Grille

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
So here’s part of where I started yanking all the wiring out of the truck and building a new harness. A bit of a messy part but important. Also one of my favorite parts of the build because this is right up my alley.
Car Steering part Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering wheel
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive lighting

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Important to note, I never did find a single chewed wire from that mouse. Oh well lol

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I bought my 5.3 in 2008 and it fired up no problem in 2017. You should be fine. Truck looks great so far.
Thank you, this is encouraging lol. It seems like it’ll fire fine. It’s also been in a climate controlled environment the whole time

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
The digital dash I’ve got in there now is just temporary. Did away with key start and installed a proximity push to start instead
Brush Event Service Plastic Carmine
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Trunk Electrical wiring
Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Installed a blazer sway bar up front
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Building my first ever exhaust. Dual 3” stainless, x pipe and magnaflow mufflers. Was a pain to do on the ground but the lift was taken. Temporarily used zip ties to hold the pipes because my hangers were back ordered
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Automotive lighting
Gas Tints and shades Automotive tire Metal Art

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
....that's going to be a loud exhaust
I’m hoping not too loud lol. There wasn’t much room for any more. Any ideas of what I can do to potentially quiet it down? Was trying to not be too restrictive.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts