S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to buy some 3" studs in preparation for my 8.8" swap. The factory studs have a .618" knurl and the only 3" studs in that size are $60 for a set of 5!! Has anyone put new studs in? If so what have you used? Can I use the plentiful .615"s or should I go larger to the .620" or .625"? Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought so also. I checked all major parts stores and no one has them with a .618 knurl. That's why i was wondering if the .003" smaller or .002" larger knurl is acceptable.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
If you're have the rear redrilled for the chevy pattern, you can use any size knurl you want as long as you drill the correct size hole

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had thought about that also but then I would need to have every rotor drilled from then on. That seems like a pain to me. The wheels I currently have are the wrong backspacing so I am ordering some new ones with the ford pattern and correct backspacing.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
How often do you think you'd need to replace the rotors? Just buy a second set and have them all drilled at once. The last ones I bought from NAPA were a little over $20 each

1 - 8 of 8 Posts