S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new 8.5" 373 posi rear end for my turbosonoma, It has the 11.5" 1LE f-body rear brakes on it. Its stock 2WD S10 width. Looks like it should hold up quite well :)

Brad
92 Synoma

Attachments

·
Big Dreamer w/low Budget
207 Posts
:stickpoke how much was the whole deal I have an 86 s-10 and would like to do the same. :thumbup: What size is your motor v6,2.8,4.3, 4 banger,2.5,2.2? i got a 2.5 and want to turbocharge it if possible

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
Boy do thoes 1LE discs look outta place back there. Looks sweet did you get it outta a 1LE camaro? or just start piecing it together?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It has an eaton posi in it, The housing is a shortened 8.5" truck housing. When i was getting it built i thought disk brakes would be nice so i bought a whole camaro rear end so we could use the brake assemblies and the housing ends to bolt the backing plate up to. My truck has a turbo 4.3 in it, should be finished in less than a month if i would get around to working on it. Its all done/paid for just a matter of putting everything together. Looking for a 12.0 with stock turbo/manifolds, but that is the ONLY thing stock.

Brad
92 SYnoma

You can actually see a couple of before pictures of my truck here http://briefcase.yahoo.com/turbosonoma

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yeah, your not gonna believe me when i tell you this but I am into the whole rear end for about $1200 cdn. About $800usd. That is EVERYTHING said and done with new gears and a rebuilt eaton posi. :)

Brad
92 SYnoma

1 - 8 of 8 Posts