S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
s10 newb
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I crew for a friend of mine this year as im not racing myself. Anywho...when im not working on my truck i have been putting this thing together.

1979 Malibu

454 BBC (624HP/568 Ft/lbs)
Transmission Specialties th350 with brake
JW Race cars 5k stall
Ladder bar back half
Dana 44 with 5.13's

We just made it to the track for the first time last weekend. Couldn't be happier with the first time out, terrible air and switching to a new car. Our best of the day was a 10.18 @ 127 with a 1.39 60'. Here are some pics an a few vids.

Video's

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Naaaasty, I love that style Malibu looks like it moves very well!

·
s10 newb
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
SWEET!

my car is the same chassis type ( g-body )

but mine will weigh around 2700 with me in it. And have alot more HP. I was looking at 9's but i may be looking to be faster.
Ya man, the air was terrible that day. Everyone in my club was running anywhere from 1 to 2 tenths slower than on a good air day. It was also the first time out so we oughta get it down by learning the car as well. If this setup is good for high 9's, i would imagine yours could easily accomplish at least low 9's (maybe quicker, dont know your combination)

We could actually be hooking better (beleive it or not). The front suspension consists of stock small block springs from 1979, Koni shocks and it sits on the bump stops...im sure we could pull even better times, althrough i may be wrong, their is so much tire under the car (31.5x14 ET Drags) that weight transfer isn't a huge deal.

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
well if i can get everything the way i want it. i have an 1985 monte carlo ss back half, 12 point cage with funny car cage conversion. i am looking at doing a blown 572 ( and not the GM crate motor) i wanna build my own. so i should be looking at 1200+ hp........( i hope more)

But yea i am aiming for 9's so if i go faster i will still be happy. My cage will be setup for 7.50's

·
s10 newb
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well if i can get everything the way i want it. i have an 1985 monte carlo ss back half, 12 point cage with funny car cage conversion. i am looking at doing a blown 572 ( and not the GM crate motor) i wanna build my own. so i should be looking at 1200+ hp........( i hope more)

But yea i am aiming for 9's so if i go faster i will still be happy. My cage will be setup for 7.50's
Nice! Have any picss of it? I am always interested in drag cars, thinking about getting into a G-Body for next year. Either that or BBC the s10 next winter.

·
s10 newb
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Also our gearing is terrible, new gearing alone should push us to a 9.9x. Hits the rev limiter from the 1k foot mark and driving past the power band from about 800 feet. Proper gearing should have it pulling hard all the way to the stripe.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts