S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
hmmm...
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy has an 01 sonoma and wants to know if there is a kit to bolt up a 700r4 to his 2.2L. His truck is auto. I dont know much about swapping tranmissions. Thanks in advance

·
hmmm...
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey, thanks man......

i looked for a conversion kit or something along those lines and couldn't find anything. That's why I am asking on here

thank you so very much for your quick reply with lots of useful information for me:tup:

·
is a fungineer
6,108 Posts
He shouldn't need a kit to bolt it up. The 4L60E (auto trans these trucks came with) is an electronically controlled version of the 700R4.

However he's going to have issues with the computer in his truck no longer recieving info from the trans. May be able to swap in a PCM/ECM out of a manual truck? I don't know.

Why does he want a 700R4 instead of a 4L60E, is he just trying to install a trans that he already has? It would be way easier to install another 4L60E, imho.

·
hmmm...
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont know what he wants to do. He asked me if I could ask on here for some expert information. Ill let him know that he should just keep his tranny in. Thanks man

·
is a fungineer
6,108 Posts
Yeah, he's not going to gain anything by switching them. Gear ratios are the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts